ONE

ONE:

ONE:

HER BROWN EYES were the thing that caught most people's attention. They brought out her faint freckles and reflected the smile she wore daily. Brown eyes gave her an innocent and untouched facade that was easily tainted in most people's eyes.

Delilah Gallagher hated her brown eyes. Her eyes were liars, telling people one thing yet letting Delilah know the truth when she looked into a mirror. She was in pain yet she always put on a smile for the sake of others- for the sake of her late parents, that's what she told herself.

"Do it for them, act like you cared for them." Delilah would whisper into the mirror.

Riverdale was going to be a fresh start for Delilah. She would have a new reputation, new life, and new people to meet. To say Delilah was excited to leave her old life behind was a bit of an understatement. The brunette girl wanted to spend the summer before her sophomore year to the fullest- and she intended to do so. Riverdale was the town that was full of promises.

And after all, RIverdale was full of secrets.

...

"Delilah!"

The girl groaned as she slowly slid out off her seat on the house deck. Delilah walked into her new house, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, she found her brother at the top of a ladder in her bedroom, tangled in a large bunch of fairy lights.

"Help your bro out and hand me scissors?" He groaned.

"But they're my fairy lights."

"I'll buy you new lights. I'm stuck up here, Delilah."

"But-"

"Delilah."

The brunette girl grunted and rolled her eyes, compiling to her older brother's wishes. Carter Gallagher was the older brother of Delilah and acted as her guardian. The week their parents passed away in a car crash, Carter had conveniently graduated college in Virginia. He immediately came back to California, signed the legal papers, and was granted custody for Delilah.

Delilah hurried back with a pair of green scissors, handing them up to her brother. Carter quickly snipped away at the lights that had ensnared him, Delilah sadly watching as her lights fell to the ground in pieces. Her brother clambered down the ladder and hopped down into the floor, ruffling his sister's hair in gratitude.

"Thanks." 

The brunette huffed and crinkled her nose. "Hey, Carter?"