Josie's

Alpha James Woodlock... My mate. Oh Goddess why?! What did I ever do to you? I get my stuff out of my locker, walking out the doors of the school. Not looking back. I head across town, basking in the breeze. I come around the back of a building, and take my key out of my backpack. I stick my key in the lock twisting it. I open the door, put the key back, and enter Josie's. Josie's is where I waitress to get money, to pay for the house I live in.

Isabelle and Sarah have offered many times for me to live with them, but I decline every time. What is the use of putting them through the pain of having to move all of my stuff out, after I run away because the Alpha would have to kill me as soon as I kill my father?

I grab my apron, a notebook and a pen to take orders in, and head out to the tables.

"Afternoon, Josie," I greet her at the cash register.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" She asks.

Josie knows everything. I used to live with her until I decided to move out because she met her mate, Josh. It was really awkward hearing them every night. If you know what I mean.

"James started asking some questions," I answer nonchalantly. As I head over to clear the dishes on table two.

"Alpha? Oh, bless the Goddess, I knew it! Didn't I tell you that you both would end up mates?!" She squeals, for someone who is 25 and pregnant; she is very active. I glare at her, but my wolf refuses to tell her off. "Alright, table eight needs someone to take their order."

I walk over to table eight, writing down the table number and how many people are here. "Hi, my name is Whitney, what would you like to drink?" I ask, putting the facade on. I look up to see Jason, Ryan, and... James.

"So that's your name..." James says, taking the information as he looks me up and down, his eyes lasting a little too long on my chest. I put the notebook in my apron, as I put the pen in my mouth, buttoning up my shirt.

As I take the pen out I repeat, "What would you like to drink and eat, if you're ready?"

Jason mumbles low, if you weren't a werewolf you probably couldn't hear it, "I wouldn't mind you."

"Excuse you, sir. But I will have you know that I am saving myself for my mate, and what would it matter I'm a rogue... Remember?" I taunt.

Then James speaks up, "You've been saving yourself for me?"

Jason and Ryan turn to him in astonishment, I blush at what he said.

"No, I've been saving myself for my mate, and we are not mates," I point to him, "arrogant," I point to myself, "obnoxious. It doesn't work. Plus, the moon goddess isn't stupid."

After I said this, Jason jumps out of the booth and looks between James and myself. Then he opens his mouth to speak, "James, may I talk to you in the corner? Alone."

James simply nods his head his eyes never leaving mine. He slides out of the booth, brushing his hand across my shoulders as he goes towards the bathrooms, not looking behind him to see if his beta is even following him.

Turning away from them, I face Ryan, "What would you like to drink?" I ask.

Ryan looks at me slowly, "Water for me. Water for Jason. Diet coke for Alpha, Luna."

I scribble their orders down on the notebook. Not fully registering what Ryan said, I walk away to the kitchen to get their drinks. I grab the cups and put them underneath their respective spouts, switching out Jason and Ryan's cups for the water spout.

I sigh, this is what my life has come to. 'It could be worse,' My wolf says. 'You could still be with those tormentors. But, you escaped. You are strong, and you sure as h*ll aren't going to brake over some hot Alpha.' I grin in my mind knowing that we are on the same page.

Then, my eyes widen, "...hot Alpha." No, no, no, he is not hot.

'You're right he's scrumptious,' My wolf growls in contentment while I take the drinks to table eight.

No, he is not scrumptious. He is vile and disturbing... and... and... fit. Ugh, I'm so not helping my point. He is a monster. He kills rogues for fun. He goes hunting rogues as a sport. He sickens me.

'No he doesn't,' my wolf so kindly reminds me. Yes, he does wolfie. He kills wolves like us for the fun of it.

As I set the drinks on the table, in front of every person, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room. Yet, I feel all eyes on me, every wolf in the diner is staring at me. I hear someone growl to my right as I set James' drink in front of him. I snap my head in his direction as I straighten up my back. I see James with a snarl on his face growling at everyone that was staring. I look around the diner and hear murmurs of, "Sorry, Alpha" and "Didn't know, my apologies Alpha."

I feel a hand firmly grasp my wrist, my head turns so fast, I'm surprised it didn't give me a whiplash. My eyes travel up from the wrist, to the forearm, to the bicep (that was quite a bicep). I bite my lip in anticipation, as I slowly raise my eyes to meet James', I gulp and he growls, leaning closer so I can feel his hot breath on my left ear. He is so close a shiver goes down my spine, as his lips graze my ear while he talks to me.

"Don't...do that," James growls. As he pulls back I see his brown eyes, clouded with lust? His eyes are almost black. He turns protective and territorial.

James scoots out of the booth, unwraps my apron, grabs my pen and notebook, and sets them on the table. He wraps his strong arms around my small waist and guides me towards the door. He guides me outside to a blue Ferrari, sets me in the passenger seat, buckles me in and shuts the door. Oh, Goddess I'm about to be kidnapped! I quickly undo the seat belt reaching for the door, as it locks. I look over in horror as I see James smirk, roar the engine and take off down the street. Disobeying all of the street laws. Before I black out from panic and fright the one thing I can think is:

This is how my life is going to end isn't it. Dying in a car crash with and annoying, arrogant Alpha.