16. Trees

A/N: Song for this chapter: Christmas Trees by Major Lazer ft. Protoje
***

"If 'batty' means 'ass'... then isn't a 'battyman' technically just an 'ass man' in literal terms?"

Apparently, this is the shit that people think about when they're high; right now, I'm certifiably fucked up.

David, bless his soul, actually graces me with a response; probably because he's just as fucked as I am.

"It's an idiomatic expression, but in literal word-for-word terms, then yeah, I guess so."

Ever since I left the hospital, David has been watching me. He doesn't let me out of his sight. He insisted that I start living at his house so that he could keep an eye on me, and for a simple life, I complied.

In addition to my inner demons, I've been having pain from the wound — the painkillers don't really help me.

David knows that my head is a mess these days, and he also picked up the fact that my pelvis is constantly hurting me. He said that this would be "killing two birds with one stone".

"I like gay porn," I spit out. I have no idea why I just told him that little piece of information. It just felt right.

He looks up at me from whatever he's doing on his laptop, his head covered in disgusting turd plats that I braided with my shaking hands, and smiles, his eyes as red as mine probably are.

"You're cute when you're high."

I smile right back at him.

"You're... just cute."

"Tell me more."

Well, since I was just talking about gay porn...

"Marcus broke up with his girlfriend and now he wants to fuck you."

I wasn't supposed to tell him that.

Oops.

Okay. Here's the story.

Ever since Marcus and his girlfriend officially broke up, he's been acting weird. Every time I mention David's name, he squirms a little, and not in the "I'm uncomfortable" kinda way, but in the "ooh, I'm getting the tingles" kinda way. At first, I didn't even know how he knew David personally enough to crush on him, but then I remembered that the second painting that David bought was through my website, and Marcus was the one who told me about it first; David had demanded that I delivered it.

He had told my agent, a.k.a. Marcus.

On top of that, the display picture that David uses on the website is the perfect combination of cute and fucking hot.

Marcus, having a good amount of common sense (although he acts like a dumb fuck sometimes, telling me to do shit for 10K; who the fuck does he think I am? An assclown?) obviously put two and two together — the gorgeous face with the sexy-ass voice.

In short, David unintentionally fucked up poor Marcus's head, Marcus doesn't know that I know, I pretty much just had verbal diarrhoea about the whole situation, and judging by the growing grin on David's face, I just blew his ego the fuck up.

You see, David might not be attracted to men, but he's the type of person whose ego definitely doesn't mind the attention.

"See? Everyone wants me! I'm turning straight men gay; the man left his girlfriend because he could only see me. The trees are gonna start walking just so that they can get close enough to watch me while they jerk off."