Chapter 5

The next morning after professing their love for one another, Don and Meryl woke up in each other's arms, they both stirred awake to the sound of the waves crashing on the cliffs. Meryl looked up and smiled when she saw his gorgeous blue eyes staring back at her. They had only just admitted exactly how true and deep their love ran through them, but she saw all the love he had for her through those baby blue eyes.

"Good morning." She smiled.

"Good morning." He said smiling as she kissed his lips. "How did you sleep?" He asked running his fingers through her honey blonde hair.

"Wonderful." She said as she gave him a relaxed and satiated smile. "Then again, I always sleep good in your arms."

"I'm glad. I meant what I said last night, we go at your pace. I just want you to know how incredibly much I love you." He said as she lifted her head to look at him.

"I love you too, Don, very much. Thank you for being so patient and understanding. As we both have said, it is going to be a long road, I am just grateful you want to travel on that road with me." She smiled.

"I would go anywhere with you." He winked making her laugh.

"Good." She said pecking him. "What's on the agenda for today?" She asked.

"Well, rest and relaxation. I thought I could make breakfast, we could go into town and get some groceries, and then come back here and relax. It is 10:00 after all." He laughed.

"Wow, it is." She laughed looking at the clock. "I have a tendency to sleep long and hard when I'm in your arms." She said sweetly.

"Well, we didn't sleep much." He laughed as Meryl playfully smacked him in the chest.

"Okay, I will jump in the shower and you can start breakfast." She smiled lying back on the bed watching him dress.

Meryl laid there when he left and thought about how happy she was. She was also scared. She was afraid her memories of John would affect her relationship with Don. Don was so amazing and she wanted to give him everything he deserved. She knew she loved him, and that love was true and deep, she decided if she was always honest with him then they would be okay. She didn't know how she was so lucky to find someone like Don. She got up and showered, eager to start her vacation with Don.

***

Meryl and Don had a nice breakfast with what he pre-ordered for them at the cottage for when they arrived. Meryl offered to clean the dishes, since he cooked, while he went to shower. When he came back down from cleaning up he saw her looking into the refrigerator and cabinets.

"Hey." He said coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

She smiled and leaned back into his embrace. "Hey yourself, you smell good." She breathed. The want to make love to him was already building up inside of her, but she pushed it aside. She didn't want him to think she was some sex maniac, but last night was so wonderful, it made her continually want him. She also knew they should take it slow, well, as slow as they could considering after only a couple official dates they were already in love.

"What are you doing?" He asked as she turned around in his arms.

"Getting ready to make a grocery list." She said sitting down at the table with her pencil and paper when she put on her glasses making Don chuckle. "What?" She asked as he sat down next to her.

"You are just cute. I love you and your lists." He said kissing her cheek making her smile.

"I usually drive people crazy with my lists, I am sure the cuteness will rub off someday." She laughed.