Chapter 5

Maelynn POV

I was lying in peaceful darkness. I never wanted to leave. Until I started hearing distant sounds. I was curious and began looking for the noises. They started becoming a bit more clear. What is that? I wondered. As the noise got louder and clearer the darkness began melting away. I started feeling heavy and dull shocks of pain. I suddenly heard a low beep. Beep!

I slowly peeled my eyes open. I was looking up at the ceiling of a room with bright lights. It temporarily blinded me and I covered my eyes just to hiss at the sudden movement. My entire abdomen hurt like hell. I turned and noticed a heart monitor. It was beating so I guess that was the noise I was following. I sighed. I guess I didn't die.

"Hello Miss," a man walked in with a doctor's uniform on. "I'm glad to see you're awake."

"That makes one of us," I mumbled. "What happened?"

"A gentleman saw you passed out on the side of the road. He brought you here to seek medical attention. We noticed you have a few fractured ribs and a sprained ankle. Would you like to tell us how that happened?"

"I uh...fell?" Really Maelynn? You fell? Who would believe that huh?

"You fell?" He repeated not believing it for a second.

I nodded. "Down a flight of stairs."

"Right," he said. He didn't buy it but he didn't question me further. He asked how I was feeling and informed me I would be staying a few more days before leaving. He finally left after some time and I was finally alone. I didn't like being alone though. It was scary. "Alright. She's in here," I heard the doctor at the door. I guess he's pointing a nurse to my room. I went to looking at what's on the tv screen. "Good luck."

I heard the door open and close. I looked to see what nurse I'll be getting but it wasn't a nurse. It was a guy with armful of tattoos carrying a little girl in mermaid pajamas with a little boy wearing teenage mutant ninja turtles onesie. My eyes got big. Who is this? And why is he in my room? I bit my lip nervously as I watched him take a seat in the chair next to my bed. He stared directly into my face and it made me nervous and self-conscious.

"Dang yo face messed up," the little boy said.

"Aye!" the guy hit him on the back of the head.

"Owe!" He whined. "You didn't let me finish. She still bae though. Girl you fine with yo bruised face. Lookin like a sexy two-faced." Wait, how old is this kid?

"Shut up." The guy turned back to me. "Ignore him. I'm still training him. How are you feeling?"

"Oh um...fine," I mumbled. "Who are you?"

"We found you on the road," the little girl spoke up. "You okay miss?"

I smiled a little at her. She was very beautiful. She was light skin with the same colored eyes as the guy. She had to be only four but with a lot of curly hair. "I'm fine thank you."

"Yes you are. Honey slay," the little boy said. He too was light skin with short curly hair and dark brown eyes. He looks to only be seven. "I'm Marcel baby." He came over and kissed my hand. I couldn't help but laugh. He was too cute.

"Cel I'm gonna toss ya ass out the window in a minute," the man said rubbing his eyes in irritation. They both favor him so much it's crazy. I guess he's their dad. Wait, what time is it? I looked around and found a clock on the wall. It read sometime after ten. Judging by the fact they were in pajamas aside from the man they must've been getting ready for bed. Why did he bring them?

"Really man? You just gonna toss me out like that? I thought we been cool man? Ain't we go back like four flats on a Cadillac?" I laughed at their altercation. This little boy is too much.