A

"You should go and make up with Rosina, dear," Alice's mother said to her.

"Sure," Alice replied, drawling out her words.

The two were in the kitchen on a perfect, sunny Saturday morning. And rather than lay in bed and catch up on social media as Alice would have preferred to be doing, her mother had dragged her out of bed at the first sight of light and down to the kitchen, for what she had named as 'girl-bonding' time.

Alice was sure that her mother just needed a helping hand with all the bakes she needed to produce.

However her mother had stuck with the girl-bonding thing and had managed to squeeze some details out of her.

So now they were stuck on the topic of much beloved me.

Alice growled quietly as she grated the lemon skin. She did not want to hear about me; she did not want to listen to me; she did not want to even speak to me.

But her mother kept insisting she should forgive and forget.

"You know, dear. She was only looking in your best interests," Her mother said. "Plus she did only call me. I just happened to mention it to your father."

"Stepfather," Alice corrected.

"We are not having his argument again."

"I would prefer arguing about this than arguing about Romy."

"Her name is Rosina. And she is your best friend."

"Well everyone calls her Romy. And no best friend would snitch on me."

"Alice! Don't use such language! Everybody makes mistakes! Although I wonder if, in your own words, snitching counts as one..."

"Of course it does!"

"What does?"

Her stepfather entered the kitchen and Alice scowled once again. It was becoming quite frequent with her when particular people were around.

Her mother explained the situation to her stepfather.

In response to her mother explanation, her step-father turned to her.

Alice turned her back onto him.

Her step-father was not disencouraged. "I agree with your mother. I think you should go to Rosina's house and talk to her. It is not good for a big girl like you to be cooped up in a small house like this."

Alice was sure that if I was here, I would more than likely offer my opinion on the capacity of her house. But...

"I don't want to talk to Romy," Alice stood firm.

"It's Rosina," Her stepfather corrected. "She's such a nice girl. You can't blame her for what happened after your detention. And anyway aren't you guys talking again," He pointed out.

Only because she has to.

The charm I had dropped in front of her came from Daniel and was in exchange for her forgiveness to me or at least talk to me again.

He didn't say how long she had talk to me.

"I don't want to go," Alice whined.

"Well tough. You're going out Alice. Now."

"Mum..."

Her mother sounded tired, "Please go Alice."

Hurt, Alice got her things and left the house. Her step-father didn't tell her where out she was supposed to go but then he presumed her dumb enough to consider her to be goig to my place.