Chapter 8

Went for the Unicorn and the Wasp, thought I could get some cute Aloctor moments :D

The Doctor:

She remembered. Alice could remember how badly I was crushing on her, and then admitted she'd felt the same. That's all I could think about as Donna tried to teach me to boil spaghetti, so it was no wonder why the pan boiled over onto the gas hob.

"Doctor! Seriously? I turn my back for 5 seconds and you burn it" Donna complained, taking it off the heat. I looked down at the huge welt across my hand, the one that was already blistering. "You great Muppet, you tried to grab it like a mug, didn't you? A pan has a handle for a reason!"

"Yeah, I don't think I'm cut out for cooking, do you? I haven't got the attention span" I said, scratching the back of my head. Something I did when I did something wrong, like hurt myself. Happens more often than you'd think actually.

"I'm definitely agreeing. So, dirty details on Alice" I groaned and tried to walk out of the kitchen. I got half way across the room before Donna got in front of me, "Oi, Spaceman, you aren't getting away from me that easily. So, she really is that girl you fancied back on Gallifrey, even though you said she died?"

I really was going to regret this. "Yes, Alice is Seraphina, but not at the same time. Her brother made her use a Chameleon Circuit to re-write her physical biology to turn her into a human to hide during the duration of the war. He then did the same process to himself, but I think the co-ordinates must have gone wrong because he ended up at the end of the Universe and Sera in 21st century."

Donna blinked, once, twice, then three times. "English?"

"She went from being Time Lord to human and her Time Lord self is trapped inside that watch. The Master ended up at the end of creation and Alice in the 21st century. Got it?" She nodded thoughtfully, her straight red hair bobbing.

"So, does she remember you?"

"Yes"

"And?"

"And what?" Donna made a face. "Oh, about relationships. Um, she kind of said she wished it was more than being friends."

"Knew it! It's like Nerys and her partner. He fancied her for years, thought she never looked his way until a one night stand that ended up with the turkey baster incident. So, what now, because I already know she's coming with us"

"I was thinking about going to the 1900's. It was one of Sera's favourite places, so it might bring back more memories until we can open the watch"

Donna looked shocked. "What do you mean until you can open the watch? Just open it so you can get the girl for once!"

I sighed, not really sure why I was discussing this with Donna, well, she is my best friend. "Because the buttons missing. If we force the watch open then the Time Lord conscience inside could be damaged in some way. We need to find the button, or a way to transfer it from one watch to another."

"Huh, so no explosives?"

"Nope. That makes a change. Right, 1900's"

Alice:

I woke up and for a moment didn't know where I was. I should have been in my attic room at the bookshop, but no, here I was in my Raggedy Mans magic blue box. And I was living here! Amy would be so jealous!

Crap, Amy! How long had I been travelling with the Doctor? She was supposed to be visiting me soon, and we told Marcus I'd only be gone for a weekend. Shit! I threw back the covers on my bed and ran for the door, ignoring the ripping feeling in my shoulder and the red hot pain that followed.