Chapter 2- Skull Crawlers

"Honour to meet you Conrad" you say, shaking his hand firmly. He lets out a soft chuckle and nods his head and eventually you's let go of each other's hands. Conrad steps back, and you are greeted by all of the other survivors.

"Come come" Hank gestures, walking among the path. You chuckle, walking besides Mason among the dry dirt ground. Conrad walks ahead of you, next to Hank. And Conrad always turns his head back to look at you for the quickest moment.

Every time he looks back to you, he gives you a small smile. And you blush and look away from him. You giggle at the thought of the quick looks. You smile, watching Mason snap photos of her surroundings.

All of the villagers watch you's walk past them. You smile, keeping your hands in your pockets and head down slightly as you's walk. The ship comes into sight. Ah, you've only been in here once or twice.

The stories Hank had told you scared you to death. And you were happy that you never seemed to leave. Like you wanted to honestly. It all seemed to scare you. Wandering off by yourself. You would probably be eaten in the first 5-10 seconds.

"This ship has been here 10 years before I rocked up" Hank comments.

"You've been here since 44?" Mason questions, amazed with how long Hank has managed to survive this dangerous island. Conrad looks back to you and stops walking until you are beside him. He smiles and walks among you.

"How long have you been here L/N?" He asks softly, as you's walk into the ship. You hum, the torches flickering down the cold, wet halls. Your boots stepping in puddles of water.

"5 years, going on 6" you nod, pushing back a piece of fallen hair. Conrad looks to you, slight sadness in his eyes. He breathes in and shakes his head.

"I'll get you out of here before 6" he whispers before walking ahead of you again, causing you to stop and stare. Get you off? How does he even plan to get himself off before he is up to 6 years?

Your eyebrows furrow and Mason taps your back, gesturing for you to begin walking again. And of course you do, but with the thought of Conrad's words on your mind. They have no helicopter, barely any weapons. How do they plan to get off the island?

"In here is sacred, so unless you like your hands, don't touch anything" Hank mutters slightly ahead of you's. Mason breathes in with wow. Looking all around the ship.

The holes allows sunlight to shine in. The stone floor still wet like the last time you came in many years ago. Torches placed around the ground to keep the area in eyesight. A few villagers all stare at you's, but they bow and wander into a random direction, you assume they were just welcoming you into their sacred land.

You walk up to one of the stone paintings. Staring at the random pieces of stone with back quite a picture. You stare at Kong, and smile weakly. You turn around, randomly wandering about with your hands in your pockets. Not exactly wanting to do anything since you really don't want to be in here.

You sigh, sitting down on a rock as they all look at the paintings. "Kong's God of the island" Hank says, standing by a painting of Kong. "Kong's a pretty good king. Keeps to himself, mostly, but you don't go into someone's house and start dropping bombs unless you're picking a fight" Hank grits his teeth.

Mason looks down slightly in shame. All of them do honestly. You stand back up and slowly make your way towards Conrad. "Kong's God of the island but the devil lives below us" Hank says close to a whisper. Making his way over to you, Conrad and Mason.

"What are they called?" Conrad asks. Hank's eyes widen at the second thought of them and leans in closer to Conrad.

"The lwis won't speak of their names.. But I call them.." He trails, making a dramatic pause. "Skull crawlers..." He says dramatically causing you shake your head.

"Why?" Conrad questions. Hank's expression furrows.

"Cause it sounds neat" he declares.

"Okay.." Conrad trails, lowering his head slightly. Hank lets out a loud huff.

"Look, I just made up the name. I'm trying to scare you. I never said that name out loud before, it sounds stupid now that I think about it. You just call them whatever you want" he shrugs his shoulders, shaking his head. Conrad and Mason begin nodding their heads.

"No I'm fine with calling them that, are you cool with that?" Mason asks, looking over to Conrad.

"Yeah, definitely, that seems like a good name" Conrad agrees.

"It's a work in progress" you mutter, crossing your arms and looking around. Conrad looks to you and chuckles slightly before looking back to Hank.

"Look, we are going to the north end of the island. In 3 days people will be coming for us. Come with us" Conrad urges.

A large smile grows on Hank's lips. Hank laughs making Conrad smile. "Really?" He asks, still laughing. Conrad laughs lightly and nods his head, happy with the response he is getting from Hank. But then Hank begins patting Conrad's cheek, and the pats become more harder each time wiping the smile off of his lips.

You chuckle, the word 'awkward' playing through your mind. Conrad's stern expression remains on him as she glares at Hank.

"You can't make it to the north end of the island in 3 days by foot!" Hank exclaims. "But" he says, an idea popping into his head, his smile returning slowly to his lips. "You can by boat.." he says.

"Oh god..." You mumble, knowing what he is referring to.

Sorry for the late(ish) update. The dialogue is problem wrong but I'll be updating it all when I know the script. Thank you for reading!!