Chapter 6- Packard

"I'm sorry for you seeing that" Conrad tells you as you's stand by the stream. You look to him, blinking at the sight. It certainly caught you by surprise.

"It's okay" you whisper, leaning closer to Conrad. Conrad smiles and hugs you softly as the group looks around for the Sky Devils. You's all look in a direction of a sound coming. It goes silent, unaware if it's the Sky Devils or not. Thankfully it is.

Reg cheers, going over to his squadron. Hugs being shared between the soldiers. You watch Houston greet a older man, he clearly isn't a solider. You look back up to Conrad and smile to him.

You watch Hank greet Lieutenant Colonel Packard. Hank salutes himself to Packard. You chuckle and look to Conrad who is smiling to you. Hank calls you over, gesturing for you to walk besides him, so you do. With Conrad trailing behind you.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Lieutenant Colonel Preston Packard" Packard greets, giving you a sly smile. You smile back to him and hold out your hand. Packard looks down and shakes your hand firmly.

"Y/N L/N" you reply. Packard continues to smile and lets go of your hand. Conrad nods to himself and steps towards Packard.

"Packard, how are you?" Conrad asks kindly.

"We lost one" Packard nods.

"As well as us" Conrad replies, looking to you. You sigh, blinking at the sight yet again.

"But Chapman is still out there!" Packard declares. "He is west and we have to go and get him!" Packard shouts making Hank's eyes widen. His head snaps to Packard.

"West! We can't go west! That's where those crawlers are!" Hank shouts, making his way over to you's. "Around here we have a saying, east is best and west is worst!" Hank rants, a negative expression clear on him.

Conrad cocks an eyebrow and looks to Packard, awaiting for his answer. "I aren't leaving a solider behind.." Packard grits his teeth. Hank opens his dry mouth to argue but Mason cuts in.

"I agree with Hank.. It's far too dangerous and we have to get to the north shore" Mason sighs heavily, Hank nodding his head in agreement. Packard looks to Conrad, not happy at all. He steps towards him and lets out a loud huff.

"You're here as a tracker Conrad..." Packard growls. Conrad looks to Hank, then to Mason, and then to you. He hesitates to speak but breathes in deeply.

"We can make it" he speaks, tilting his head up. Packard grins and turns around, smiling with his choice of words. He turns away from you, walking in the direction of Mason. "Remind me that this is a bad idea" Conrad says to her, walking past her. Mason rolls her eyes.

"This is a bad idea" Mason reminds him.

Hank laughs lowly, stepping to the soldiers. "This is a good group of boys" he says, tapping their shoulders. "We are all going to die together out here!" He says, smiling widely. "This is a good group of boys to die with!" He cheers. He begins laughing loudly. "Hahaha! You shouldn't have come here!" He tells him.

You lets out a sigh, rubbing your forehead. Packard stares at him with his eyebrows furrowed. He shakes his head and scratches his cheek quickly. "Move out!" Packard commands, beginning to walk among the trees, holding tight onto his gun.

You sigh, rubbing the back of your neck and begin to follow after him as everyone else does. But it comes to mind, you don't have a gun or any sort of weapon. You look around, looking for anyone with a second weapon but they look too threatening if they do.

"I'm sorry" Conrad says, walking besides you. "I should of said no.. But it's just that-" he pauses, thinking of a past memory that still haunts him. He breathes in and shakes his head lightly. Your expression weakens and you rub his back gently.

"It's okay.." You say. "It's just that.. I don't have a weapon" you state, looking to his second gun. Conrad raises his eyebrows and nods to you slowly.

"Well, then.. You just have to stay beside me" he says, with a weak smile and your expression drops. You open your mouth to speak to him again, but Mason catches up and begins telling him how bad of a idea this is.

You sigh, slowly moving away from him. More closer to the soldiers. They all laugh at jokes between them. You smile as one of them looks to you. "Elo" he greets. "Names Earl Cole" he says to you.

"Y/N L/N" you nod, smiling to him. He smirks to you, nodding his head before he is pulled back into the conversation. You laugh softly and turn your head around to see Conrad watching you.

He steps back over to you. "L/N I just want to apologise again.." He apologises making you roll your eyeballs playfully.

"It's fine Conrad it really is" you assure him but he continues to shake his head. "Well" you murmur, looking at the gun hanging from his chest. "Do you think I could burrow a gun of yours?" You ask softly with soft eyes.

Conrad looks to you and thinks. For far too long. He lets out a loud sigh and declines your suggestion. "No, it could be too dangerous" he replies making you frown.

Too dangerous? This island already had danger written all over it. You've survived 5 years here, doesn't he know that? But, you were inside the wall the whole entire time.. But he doesn't know that. Scratch that, you told him about your time on this island at 2 in the morning.

"Please" you whisper and he shakes his head.

"Apologises L/N, but have you ever shot a gun?" He asks, and the look on your face answers him better than words, he sighs. "With no experience with a weapon it will leave you vulnerable" he informs you. "But I promise not to let you out of my sight" he promises, stroking his finger among your hand.

You nod, agreeing with him.