Chapter 12- Far Away

Getting back on the boat and the helicopters coming, Kong roaring but going away. And getting in the helicopter

"Come on" James says, while helping you up. He strokes your hair before lifting you up, holding you bridal style. You lean against his chest, your eyes watching Kong leave in the distance.

James takes large steps. The water gets deeper as you's get closer to the boat. Hank stands there with a proud smile as the others all sit around exhausted. Hank holds his hand out for you. You take his hand with a soft smile and he helps you on board.

James grunts, climbing on board following after you. You sigh, sitting yourself down next to Mason. "How are you?" You ask her. She smiles, shaking her head to you.

"How am I?" She asks you. "I twisted my ankle. You nearly got eaten by a skullcrawler!" She exclaims, waving her arms around. James sits himself next to you, laughing softly at the conversation. You snort at her comment.

"I believe we were all nearly eaten by a crawler at a stage" you tell her. She smiles and nods her head in agreement. You pat your thigh, she is really a great person. You turn your head and smile to James.

"God I'm tired" James chuckles, dropping his head back, closing his eyes. You giggle and lay your head on his wet shirt, feeling his heartbeat. James wraps an arm around you, embracing this moment.

"Did I tell you how beautiful of a name James is?" You ask him. He peaks a eye open to take a look at you, a smirk growing on his lips.

"No, but I get the feeling that I'll be hearing that name more often... Y/N..." He gives you a sly smile, closing his eye again. You giggle against his chest.

"It rolls off the tongue better" you joke. Conrad lets out a slow laugh, gently rubbing your back.

The boat slowly moves down the river. Surprisingly no one is worried that you's won't make it to the spot in time. Everything sits around quietly. San rests her head on Houston. Mason takes photos of everyone. The soldiers sit around, chatting about what they are going to do when they get home. Hank watches the sky, excited to go home. And you just hold onto James.

"The word will get out about this place.." James states, looking at the beautiful sight around him. "It always does" he tells everyone. Your pull your hair through his now dry hair, comforting him. Mason looks to him swiftly and gives a sly smile.

"Well it isn't coming from us" Mason says, turning her attention to Hank. Hank smiles, glad knowing that they are willing not to tell this wonder of the world. Even knowing that he wants to get off of this island. He would prefer Kong to remain a secret for his safety.

Hank looks down to the photo of his wife. Smiling at the thought that he'll finally be able to see her again. He strokes the piece of print. Thinking of a song of his time.

"We'll meet again.. Don't know where.. Don't know when- But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day" he sings softly to the lyrics by Vera Lynn. You smile to him, being struck by how adorable that is.

James looks to you and strokes your cheek softly to gain your attention. "Keep smiling through.. Just like you, always do- Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds, far away..." James sings softly to you. Your cheeks heat up and you lower your head down to avoid him noticing your blush.

Everyone's heads shoot up to the sound of helicopters. You stand up, with James copying you right after. You walk to the front of the boat with James and stare at the 3 helicopters flying over to you's. James wraps his arms around you, happy that you's will be going home.

Behind a mountain. The water splashes, and Kong walks from behind. He looks down at the ground but turns his head at the sounds. He stares at the helicopters, remembering his past experiences with them. He breathes in deeply and thumps his fists against his chest. Kong lets out a loud roar.

You's all turn your stare to Kong further back. All of your eyes wide afraid that he'll attack. But the roars drain out and his fists drop to his side when he notices the helicopters not firing and the stop moving towards him.

Kong looks down to the boat. Staring at you's in confusion. You stare at him and he stares at you. You aren't exactly sure that he is staring directly at you, but you have a feeling. He blinks to himself before turning around, leaving you's without harm.

Reg lets out a thankful breath, rubbing the back of his neck before turning his attention back to the helicopters. The helicopters turn right towards the land. Hank flies to the helm, changing sail to nearest land.

"Are you ready to go home? To England?" You ask James, partly unsure if he still lives in England or not. James looks to you and his eyes soften. He lets out a soft sigh. Where is his home anymore?

"I don't have a home there anymore Y/N..." He says softly. You shake your head, wrapping your arms around him. Trying to comfort him while you think of words. "Because my home isn't house.. It's a person" he tells you in a whisper.

Your eyes widen and cheeks flash red. James smiles to you, wrapping his arms around you tightly, embracing you yet again. You breath smoothly against his chest.

You's all climb off board, holding onto your belongings. You watch Hank say goodbye to his boat, blinking at the memories before following after you's. You smile, hearing the helicopters close by.

You's are greeted by soldiers. And are instantly asked to board the helicopters. So everyone is willing to get out of here before doing the talking. You buckle yourself in the helicopter. Actually scared, you've never flown before.

James looks to you and pulls out a something from under his shirt. Your necklace. You forgot that you have even given it to him! He smiles, looking at the words carved into it.

"Follow the sea.. See what you found" he reads. "Randa told me that people find something in war.. You said maybe I will find something in this war.. And Y/N" he says, taking a dramatic stop.

"I found you..."