Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Lisa Huang

ONE DAY

CHAPTER 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brenda's P.O.V.

"Ya know the new girl?" Anna asked Elaine

"Of course! Her style is terrible! She looks like she's basically begging for people to stay away!"  exclaimed Elaine

"Yeah! Where did she even come from? The dump?" laughed Anna

It was the first day of 7th grade, and I've already gotten haters. I thought I looked fine! A blue striped tee, and a pair of jean capris. So far I've learned that if you wanna be liked, you better wear expensive clothes. At least, at Welling Middle School. I only switched schools to start out fresh, maybe even become popular! Now, I feel like a complete loner. Oh well, I had English 1st period and the bell second bell was about to ring, better run!

At lunch, I got a veggie wrap, Cheetos, and a bottle of Gatorade. After I paid.... That's when it occurred to me. So far I'd made NO friends at all. Where would I sit?! There were no empty tables left, so I went to a group of girls and asked "Can I sit here?"

"Sorry, my friend's sitting there" explained one of the girls

Well at least she said sorry! "That's alright, thanks anyways!" I replied

Then I walked over to a quiet table and asked the same question

"Sure, whatever" came the reply

I sat down and at my lunch in silence. I walked up to dump my tray and spotted the CUTEST boy ever!! He had a shaggy Kpop (Korean Pop) star haircut. It was Black with dark gold highlights. He was a little taller than me, and his outfit looked like it came straight out of a J. Crew magazine.  I realized I had been gawking at him for at least 3 minutes! And the whole time, he just stared back at me. I blushed and ran back to "my table". I was SO humiliated! He must think I'm some sort of weirdo now! Later on, I learned that his name was Drew Kim, Korean, also 7th grade, was the most popular guy in the grade... And sadly, dating the most popular girl-Clare Johnson. I figured, since he was the most popular guy, and already taken.... I had no chance with him... After all, who was I? A loner...... 

After school, I still had no friends. I walked slowly to Dairy Queen and ordered an Oreo Blizzard. If school wasn't enjoyable, at least I should be able to enjoy some ice cream! Mmm, Oreos are amazing, and so is ice cream, mixed together, is paradise! Well, paradise didn't last long, I heard the door open and in came Drew with his arm around Clare. I quickly grabbed all my stuff and headed towards the door. 

"Hey! Wait!" Drew called out

I slowly turned around, expecting the worst.

"Aren't you the new girl?" he asked

"Umm... Yes... I'm Brenda " I mumbled

"So Brenda...Why don't you stay and join Clare and me?"

This took me by surprise, why would he want me to stay after what happened at lunch?

Clare glared at me then quickly changed to a sweet smile and said to Drew. "Honey, as much as I want Brenda to stay, I'm sure she's busy. Right, Brenda?

I was about to say that I could stay, but as soon as I saw the deathly glare Clare was giving me, I quickly agreed. Drew looked dissapointed for a second, and shrugged "Oh well, then that's too bad. Maybe some other time."

I waved goodbye, and headed home with mixed feelings. Did he really care if I stayed or not? Clare obviously hates me... She'll probably just brainwash him into hating me too! But.... What if I DO have a chance with him? After I got home, I looked in my hands and realized that my Blizzard had completely melted and I hadn't even realized... I didn't even care anymore. With Drew on my mind, I started on my homework.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drew's P.O.V.

After Brenda left, I ordered an Oreo Blizzard just like I saw that Brenda had... Clare got a Vanilla Soft Serve, and we sat down to eat. I can't believe I just asked Brenda to stay! I had no feelings for her... Did I? I was dating Clare! 

"DREW!! Are you even paying attention to me?" Clare exclaimed

"Oops! Sorry! What were you saying?" I replied... Oh no, I had been daydreaming about Brenda. 

" I SAID, ' I'm done, we should leave now." Clare said

"Sure, babe." I got up and threw the rest of my Blizzard away.

I walked Clare to her house, and kissed her goodbye. I walked home thinking about Brenda.... Wait.... I had been thinking about Brenda WAY too much! This was confusing, I had to get her off of my mind otherwise things with Clare could go bad... THe last thing I want is to trade Clare for Brenda- a loner. I went and started playing Skyrim, but I couldn't concentrate. So I turned my laptop on and went on facebook. I typed "Brenda" in the search box, and found her. Her profile picture was her at the zoo with her mom and dad. Her mom was Korean, and her dad was American. I wanted to find out more about her, but I didn't want to be a stalker.... I guess just looking at her info wasn't REALLY stalking. I found (new info):

Name: Brenda Wendt

Birthday: February 14th 

Sports: Dance, and Volleyball

Languages: English, Korean, and learning French

Music: Super Junior, SNSD, T-Ara, SHINee, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and Katy Perry

So, she likes Kpop, huh? At least I can relate. She's half Korean! Her birthday is on Valentine's Day! That's cute! She dances... That'd explain her quiet way of walking. I started to read on, but I stopped myself. I couldn't go on like this. Brenda was becoming an obsession. I can't let that happen. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a TV dinner. My parents went out for the week, and I'm staying home with my sister-Alana. She was in 10th grade and could care less about my problems. But, she was still my sister, and she cares. She's a pretty nice person, she's just really busy. She was the most popular 10th grade girl after all. I microwaved my TV dinner, and headed to my room. After I ate, my sister came in and told me that she'd be having a party tonight, and that I'd better keep to my room. I grabbed all my stuff around the hosue and locked myself in my room. I didn't need some random person coming into my room. My sister doesn't usually party, but if she didn't host parties at least once in awhile, her popularity could deteriorate. It was still pretty early(only 10:30pm) but with the party, and Brenda on my mind, I decided to go to bed. I brushed my teeth, changed and crashed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS FOR READING!

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT!

PLEASE!

 LOLZ

~~SHELL~