Chapter 26: The Dinner

As I said, I talked to Raphael as soon as I got home.
- Hi,sweetcheeks. - he said as I walked in through the door.
I put off my jacket and shoes and hugged him.
- Hi,boo.
- How was your day? Did you have fun? - he asked.
- Yeah,it was amazing. How about you?
- Awful. - he laughed. - It's so boring without you here. You're like the sunshine. It's dark without you. You bring joy and happiness.
I blushed slightly.
He kissed me gently.
- Let's go to the living room, I have something to ask you.
- Oh,you do? Well, let's go then.
We sat on the couch.
- Well,you know.. Clary and me are friends.. B-best friends.. And I m-missed her.. and s-she missed me.. And we should spend more time together now.. And she w-wants to..
- Simon,you're only stuttering when you're nervous.. What's wrong?
I took a deep breath.
Jesus Christ,calm down, Simon..
- Clary wants us to go for a dinner at the institute tonight.
- You two?
- No,I mean us two. You and me.
- Me? What am I going to do there?
- She said there will be other vampires too,and they bring people close to them..
- I think I shouldn't go there.
- Raphael..
- Sorry,Simon. You can go. I think they just don't like me.
I sighed and went in my room. I texted Clary.
" Sorry, he doesn't want to go. He thinks others don't like him. I'm not going if he's not. x"
" Hold on. "
* Clary's POV*
- Hey everyone,stop for a bit please. I need to talk to you.
- What is so important you have to say it during our rehearsal? -Alec said.

  - You know I invited Simon and Raphael for the dinner tonight?
They all nodded.
- Well,Simon won't come because Raphael doesn't want to.
- Why Raphael doesn't want to have dinner here? Does he think he's too powerful to be here with us? - Jace asked.
- No. He's changed. It's the opposite. He thinks he's not wanted here. Or at least,that's what Simon texted me.
- Raphael may have done some.. pretty stupid things but eveyone makes mistakes. He's welcome here. - Izzy said. - Right,Alec?
He rolled his eyes.
- Yes,yes,alright.
- Great. Now,who's the closest to Raphael here?
- Well,Magnus. But he's at his place. - Alec said.
- He'll do. - I said.
* Raphael's POV *
I was going upstairs to check Simon but my phone rang.
- Hello? - I said.
- I want you to get your ass up,put on some nice clothes and go to the dinner tonight with Simon.
It didn't take me long to realise it was Magnus.
- I'm not wanted there.
- Who told you this? Clary has spoken to the others and they said you're welcome there. Don't worry.
- Yeah, but..
- Listen, if not for you,do it for Simon. Others have to get to know him. Plus,if he doesn't come,Clary will be pissed all night and the mood at the dinner table will be ruined. She might start hating you. And you know that she's Simon's best friend. That won't be good,will it?
I sighed.
- Fine.
- Good. See you there.
Then the call ended.
I knocked on Simon's door.
- Come in. - he said.
- Have you got proper clothes? - I asked.

  I wish you could see the huge smile that lit up his face. It's priceless. 

He stood up from his bed and hugged me. I hugged him back.
- I'm afraid I don't.. I have to go and buy one really fast.
- Oh,no. There's no time for that. Wear one of mine. I have so much.
- Really?
- Yes,sweetcheeks. I'd love to see you wearing my clothes.
He smiled and kissed my cheek.
He texted Clary we're going to the dinner and we went in my room.
I opened my wardrobe.
- Choose. - I said.
- Woah. Do you even wear t-shirts or jeans?
- Nope. - I smiled and sat on my bed.
- Uhm.. are you going to watch me get dressed? - he asked.
- Haven't you got used to it already?
He smiled slightly and looked around the suits in my wardrobe.
Soon he chose one.
- I'm going to get dressed in the bathroom..
-Fine. Just hurry.
He nodded and went in the bathroom. He even locked himself. God,I love this guy but he's so weird sometimes.
Soon enough he went out the bathroom and stood up in front of the mirror.
- How do I look? - he asked.
I got up from my bed,stood behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.
- Amazing.
Then I kissed his neck gently.
- My pretty boy.
He blushed.
- Should I try on more? - he asked.
- No. You look great. Just wait for me to get dressed and we're leaving.
* Simon's POV*
- Do you know where the institute is? - I asked Raphael when we left.
- Yeah,I do.
When we arrived at the institute,we had to ask a person where the dinner is going to be.

  Eventually we found the room where the dinner is going to be and before we came in,Raphael took my hand in his and looked in my eyes. 

- Hey, I don't want you to worry. Don't be nervous like you always are. Everything will be alright, they are nice people. I'll be next to you the whole time.
I nodded and kissed him gently.
We entered the room. There were a lot of tables. We just walked around trying to find Clary and the others. Luckily she found us. She waved us from their table.
Everyone stood up from their seats.
How am I supposed not to be nervous?
- Hi,Clary! - I hugged her.
She hugged me back and then I had to meet with the others.
Their names were Alec ( who I already know) , Isabelle,who has to be his sister and this guy Jace. Magnus was there too. There were other people but lucky for me, Raphael talked to them instead.
I sat next to Clary and Raphael next to me. There were other random people next to Clary. In front of me was Alec with Magnus on his right and Izzy on his left.
It was a bit awkward at first. I barely spoke. Then everyone ( INCLUDING Raphael,who could believe?) started talking about something, sharing stories,we all always ended up laughing about something.
Suddenly Magnus stood up.
- Hey,everyone. May I say something for a moment?
It was silent for a few seconds because Magnus had to make sure we were listening.
- There's always been one thing I want to do. And I think that this beautiful night, this amazing dinner full of joyful   spirit,as we're surrounded by those who we love, is the best time to do it.

People from the other tables were listening to him too as well.
Then he looked at Alec.
- Alec,we've went through so much stuff together. Sad and happy days. Troubles,fights. Yet we've still had our moments. I've got to know you more. I know your habits. And I'm madly,madly in love with you. So,I'm asking you tonight,my love..
Then he got a small box out of his pocket and went down on his knee.
- Alexander Lightwood,will you marry me?
Alec just stood speechless. I think he was shocked. Clary started worrying and everyone in this huge room was waiting for his answer..
Happily,a yes came out of his mouth and he hugged Magnus tight.
Everyone started applauding, you could even hear some " aww" coming from people's mouths.
This,people, is true love. I wish you were here right now to see this beautiful moment.

Magnus put the ring on Alec's finger and they kissed.
Well,basically,that's how the dinner went. Happiness was everywhere. I really like those people. And the most important is,Raphael is next to me.

A/N: Surprise! This is the longest chapter for now. It's a special one,I like how it turned out - I hope you enjoy it too.

P.S. Do you like the new cover? I made a new one because 1) Celebrating almost 4.5 k , 2) The other one wasn't quite good.

Enjoy cuties,I love you. x