4 Pills

<<3rd person POV>>

Matt and Tom awoke to Matt's alarm blaring. Matt slammed his hand on the alarm, and turned over to ask Tom
"How did you feel last night?"

"Oh," Said Tom, rubbing his eyes, "Horrible. I didn't really dream anything after you woke me up, though."

Matt made a concerned face, almost like he was thinking hard about something.
"I'm taking you to get checked today," He told Tom.

Tom backed away from Matt, a scared expression on his face.
"No," was all he could say, "No, you're not. I-I'm fine.."

"No, no you're not. You're going to see a doctor, in taking you. Get ready."

---

"So," said the doctor, "What kinds of symptoms do you have?"

"Nothing really- Matt insisted I come. It's just dreams." Tom stuttered.

"No, it's not just dreams. He constantly comes searching for me, and Edd, as if we've gotten lost, or killed. The dreams are affecting his real life ability to function." Matt said.

"Well," said the doctor, "I think it's PTSD and/or anxiety. I could put you on some medication, but there are side effects."

"Like what?" Tom asked.

"Well, there's memory loss, depression and suicidal thoughts, and, although extremely rare, heart failure."

"Put me on them," Tom insisted.

"Tom, wait! You need some time to think about this." Matt gasped.

"No, put me on them. Now."

"Okay, well, the recommended dosage of them would be one of these three pills every morning," he said, holding up three pills, "And one of these every week." He held up another pill.

"Great," said Tom, "Great."

---

<<Matt's POV>>

Tom picked up the four pills, and hesitantly popped them into his mouth. He took a big sip of water, and swallowed all of them. It was hard to watch, honestly. Seeing the one person you love most in the world need to be on a bunch of medication just to live a regular life? Horrible.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked.

"No different than usual. I think it takes a few days to start helping."

"Okay, well, if you feel worse or different, tell me right away." I said.

"I will," Tom said.

---

I walked into the kitchen to make Tom and I some coffee. Just the way he liked it; Two cream, one sugar.

"Tom!" I yelled, "I made you coffee!"

He staggered into the kitchen, obviously tired.
"Ah, thanks babe." He said, picking up the coffee and si-

??Babe??

"What?" I asked, biting back a smirk.

"Hm?" He looked up from his coffee, confused.

"What did you just call me?" I asked.

"Wha- Babe?" He still looked confused.

"Okay," I said, "I just don't think you've ever called me babe,"

"There's a first time for everything," He sipped more coffee.

"So, does this mean, like, we're, you know-" I said. I could feel myself blushing.

"Mean we're what?" He asked

"Well- Nevermind." I said, walking away.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked, sipping more coffee.

"That was sudden," I said.

"Wha- Oh, if you don't want to, we can just be friends-"

"No, I want to," I said, wishing I had coffee to sip.

"Okay cool," He said, "Cool."

"So, did you take your meds today?" I asked.

Must be nice having someone who genuinely cares.

"Oh- Yeah, I did.." He muttered.

"You don't have to feel weird about it. Lots of people need to take medication. It's nothing." I reassured him. "It's fine."