the deaths of the jamison family

Everything has been guessed in the case of the deaths of Bobby, Sherilyn, and Madyson Jamison—from murder to meth to even witchcraft. The family disappeared together on October 8, 2009 under mysterious circumstances. The family dog was found in their abandoned truck, almost dead from malnutrition. Inside the truck was also the parents' IDs, cell phones, wallets, and almost $32,000 in cash.

Popular theories include that they were faking their own deaths, went into a witness protection program, committed group suicide, were killed by a cult, or were involved in drugs / drug dealing. Oddly enough, the Jamisons had previously met with their pastor on several occasions, saying that they had seen spirits in their home. After their disappearance, a "witch's bible" was found inside the house.

Their bodies were found in 2013, more than four years after they'd gone missing. The remains were unidentifiable at first and found less than three miles from where the pickup truck had been abandoned. Upon forensic testing, it was determined the bodies belonged to all three of the Jamisons, but cause of death was undetermined.

The above photo of Madyson Jamison was the last known photo of their whereabouts and was discovered on Bobby Jamison's cell phone that had been left in the truck. It's been speculated the photo was taken by a possible killer, as friends of the family noted Madyson looks very distressed.