2 - We Only Want to be Ourselves (edited)

"We are the in between, cast down as sons of war.  Struck to the earth like lightning, on this world we're torn.  We won't cause the pain, of living out their law.  Take joy in who you are, we know our wings are flawed." ~ Fallen Angels

.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Andy entered first. I was immediately struck by his height. Any fangirl with a computer knew that he was six foot four, but I'd never really taken in how tall that actually was. He was just about a foot taller than me. I was five foot five and he completely towered over me.

Even from where I was at, I could clearly see his intense blue eyes. Those were the same eyes I fell in love with the first time I saw a picture of him. Yeah, I'd had a fangirl crush on him, but I was well over it now. Him and I didn't have a chance, I knew that, but he was still a huge inspiration in my life.

He was wearing his signature clothes, tight black jeans, a ripped up muscle shirt that had the Legion of the Black mask on it, a black leather jacket with the sleeves ripped off revealing his many tattoos, and black boots. His black hair was teased slightly, making his punk-like hairstyle stick out slightly. It was nothing like it used to be back when the band first started out. It had been just past shoulder length until he cut it all off a year or two ago. It had grown out again, but it wasn't quite as long and it was a bit of a different style now. Longer in the back, and a bit shorter in the front. I liked it like that. It looked a little more mature on him, but I still missed his longer hair. It made him look more rebellious.

He was closely followed by both Jake and Jinxx. They were wearing similar clothes to Andy, dark pants, muscle shirts, black boots and leather jackets. Jake had his long black hair teased like Andy, but Jinxx had left his straight. It was different seeing it like that since he used to tease his like Andy and Jake, but recently, as the band's style started changing a bit, Jinxx stopped teasing his hair.

Behind them was Ashley, Ashley freaking Purdy. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a skull on it and a small 69 on the sleeve, and I internally rolled my eyes. Of course he would wear that. He had on black ripped jeans, boots, and his signature star necklace. He too left his long black hair straight.

Then of course, there was CC, who was grinning like a psycho, which was rather usual for him. He had on a simple black t-shirt, dark pants, a leather jacket, black shoes, and a black bandana over his usual long, straight black hair.

But the thing that caught me off guard was the war paint. Every single one of them was wearing their signature war paint. Andy had a horizontal black stripe going across his face along his cheekbones and thick, dark eyeliner around his eyes. Jake had his eye war paint that went out even further than the others' eyeliner and lines protruding from it and pointing down, almost making him look sad. Jinxx wore his diamond eye war paint where black diamonds were drawn over his eyes and a black line protruded horizontally from the corners of his mouth and black lipstick. Ashley was wearing his signature neck painting with a black line going down his neck and multiple horizontal lines going across it. He also had a couple small, black, horizontal lines coming from below his right temple and thick black eyeliner. And CC had his usual tear drop shaped paint on his cheeks and the thick dark eyeliner.

I did a double take on the war paint. Last I'd heard, they'd stopped doing it since they were getting older and their style was changing. I had no clue why they would do it now. They were going to get quite a few weird looks for it, that's for sure.

I took all of it in in less than a few seconds. I briefly looked out at the stands to see what everyone's reactions were. Some students were whistling, some were clapping, a few were grinning like crazy, but the majority of the students were gaping. They obviously had no idea who they were. I was in shock myself, but I couldn't help but smile. They were here because of me, I had gotten them here, even if I'd had no idea they were coming. It took everything I had to keep from fangirling there in front of everyone, but my smile continued to get bigger and bigger. When the guys saw my reaction, they smirked. Well, all except for CC, who was still grinning like a maniac. That's CC for you though. He's like a giant kid.