7 - This Isn't Right (Edited)

"We stand tall (united). Watch them fall (divided). Break the chains and now we'll show them all (fight)!" ~ Set The World On Fire

.•*•.•*•.•*•.

*Katrina's POV*

I was screaming and shaking. But I wasn't shaking on my own; someone else was shaking me. They had their hands on my shoulders and they were shaking me, not roughly, but enough to get my attention. I was acutely aware of someone talking to me.

"Calm down, it's okay," The voice said to me over my incoherent screaming and crying. "It was only a dream; you can open your eyes. Please open them."

I did as the voice pleaded. I unclamped my eyes and they flew open to find worried blue ones staring back.

Andy.

I stopped screaming and immediately broke into a fit of tears and sobs. I felt Andy sit beside me on the bed and pull me into his arms. I cried into his bare chest and tried to convince myself that it wasn't real. Andy was alive. I hadn't killed him. It wasn't real.

It was only a dream.

I was no stranger to nightmares. I got them on a regular basis. But that... that was different. I had gotten so accustomed to nightmares and dreams that I was usually able to determine a nightmare from reality. I knew that it wasn't real. But that was almost too real. I could feel everything, the cold, black fog, the sticky blood, even the cold dagger piercing my chest felt real. Normally in a dream, an injury almost feels numb, it doesn't actually hurt. In the dream, you think it does, but it's more the thought that hurts, not the actual injury. But that felt real. Of course, I couldn't actually compare it to literally being stabbed, but in the dream, it had really hurt. It wasn't numb, but it felt like it was actually there, in my skin and leaching the life from me. That was probably partially why I was screaming; I was screaming from the unexpected pain and the horror of what I had done.

Even the hissing voice felt all too real. I could still hear its hissing laughter and the words it spoke, commanding me to kill. It sent shivers down my spine and just the thought of it made me want it curl into a ball and hide in a corner. And the image of the looming black figure, demon, whatever it was was burned into my mind, haunting my every thought. But when my thoughts actually turned to it, I couldn't see it anymore. It was almost as if the picture could only be seen as a ghost of something I couldn't quite remember. It was as if the thing embodied Fear itself.

But there was this nagging suspicion in the back of my mind. I knew that figure. I had seen it somewhere before. It was like it was on the tip of my tongue, taunting me. But every time I tried to remember, I couldn't remember the image.

After a time, I had calmed down and stopped crying. I pulled away and looked at the clock. It was three in the morning.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking to Andy. He had no shirt on and was only in Batman pajama pants. I tried to keep from staring. Dammit. Not the time. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Don't be sorry," He told me. "Everyone gets nightmares. We can't help it. You want to tell me what it was about?"

I shook my head. I couldn't tell him about that dream. That was something no sane person would ever dream about. He'd think I belonged in an Asylum.

"No. I'm alright. Thank you though."

"Okay, well I'm going to go back to my room. Remember, I'm here to talk if you change your mind." He got up and left the room, closing the door behind him.

I decided to not think about the horrifying dream I'd just had. I needed to get some sleep. I lied back down on the bed and fell asleep.

------------