Meliorism | A/N

m e l i o r i s m
/ˈmēlyəˌrizəm/
(n.) the belief that the world can be made better with human effort

ABOUT

Hidden away from her past, Alex Black tries her absolute best to maintain an uneventful lifestyle as a muggle. Unfortunately, she notices the darkness in the air, growing thicker with tension as months pass by.

Loyal to her instructions, and knowing nothing about the troubles in the Wizarding World, she remains hidden with no intention to throw herself in mortal danger. Only a Gryffindor would do such a thoughtless thing.

Fate, however, had a plan of its own.

Soon, Alex finds herself unwillingly tangled in the world of magic once again. With her unlikely group of Slytherin friends, she has to survive as secrets of the war begin to unravel. In a world where darkness haunts crevices that used to be full of light, can she save herself from an unlucky end?

IMPORTANT

If you see grammar or spelling mistakes, feel free to correct them by either private messaging me or commenting on the chapter. Constructive criticism is encouraged. I would like to improve my writing. To do so, I would need to learn from my flaws.

Also, please note that I'm not the best with first-person writing. This story is where I'd like to practice first-person POV. Because of this, I may edit the chapters quite often to ensure the content is at its best. Please be patient with me.

DISCLAIMER

Any Harry Potter characters and references mentioned in this story belong to J.K. Rowling.

I only own newly introduced characters in Meliorism and additional plot lines that I decide to create. The story will be written in first-person; from my original character's point of view. Only the prologue will be written in third-person, in another character's perspective.

This cover was created by the wonderful angelicapascoe!

STATUS
Writing: { March 5, 2017 ~ Ongoing }
Posting: { April 9, 2017 ~ Ongoing }