Finishing

"Alright, here." I said, handing the laptop to Cheryl. She scanned it over only making a couple changes, then she handed it back.
"Alright is it ready? Should I email it now?"
"Yes! It's perfect. There is absolutely no way we could miss out on that promotion I'm telling you." She sat back in the chair and flipped through more pages of the journal.
"Isn't that necklace yours?" I asked picking it up and looking at it once more.
"No. Isn't it your bookmark?" She chuckled and took it from my hand.
"No. I found it beside my bed this morning. I just figured you left it here and I brought it up with me."
"It's not mine. Did Margaret give it to you?"
"No. I would remember that."
"Well, I really doubt it just slithered it's way to your nightstand."
"You're probably right." I was slightly unsettled but, I ignored it and took it back, returning it to the nightstand drawer.
"So, are you hungry?"
"Yes. Hard work just makes me starving."
"So you're NOT hungry?"
"Ha ha you're funny." She rolled her eyes and took the plate I handed her. We sat down, continuing our small amounts of conversation.
"So, how are you and Rick?" I asked, taking the first bite. Delicious.
"Great. He's great, I'm great, it's just great." She said. I smiled.
"I'm happy for you. You think he's going to propose?"
"I'm not sure. I don't want to ask him or anything. I don't want him to feel rushed. That's for him to decide,
Not me."
"That's true but, you wouldn't want to be asked the big question out of the blue?!"
"Isn't that the point?" I thought about it for a minute.
"Now that I think about it yes. Love is much more exciting when it's unexpected." We turned our attention to the hallmark movie that had just begun.