The station

I remember sitting in a chair.
The cop walked out the door leaving me and Cheryl in the waiting room.
I remember hearing thunder and rain.
Everything got blurry.
I lay my head down across the other chairs, spreading my body out, falling asleep.
**
I awoke. It was still dark outside. My head was pounding. Cheryl was still sleeping sitting up. I sat up almost throwing up everything I had last night. I was very nervous. I sat still for a minute. The quiet mumble of people outside the room. I wonder if I could get out. Just as I sat up to check the door, it opened and in walked the cop from last night. Don't ask me how I knew it was him. He sat down on the table in the middle of the room. He folded his hands.
"Hello."
"Hello sir."
"You understand why I took you in last night right?"
"Yes, I was drunk I shouldn't have been driving and please I'll pay what-"
"No. I could have just followed you guys home. I took you In because of what was in your pocket. "
"What was in my pocket?" He dug around his pocket. Pulling out the silver locket, again.
"Oh."
"Where did this come from?"
"I swear sir I found it in my house out of nowhere one morning. It's not even mine, I didn't put it in my jacket pocket either."
"You write for the newspaper correct?"
"Yes..."
"Hmm...please follow me."