One

"Zora, let's go. You know Wing Stop get packed as hell around this time."

"Girl, I ain't even clock out yet, hold up."

I quickly typed in my 5 number passcode to clock out and I grabbed my purse following my close friend Deja out the door. We were on our lunch break and we had a hour but our boss let us out 15 minutes early since we were slow with  no appointments. My name is Zora by the way, some people call me Z. Im 23 years old, I am employed of course, Im a full time mua at MAC, and I have a 4 year old son named Zurich. Yes, I said it a son..and you know whats coming next, me and his father aren't together. Things just didn't work out, from the day he found out I was pregnant he just seemed to become distant, he visits his son from time to time, mostly facetime calls but I don't sweat it cause I always say one day Zurich will have a step dad and he'll eventually become the father figure that Zurich needs in his life.

"So, girl tell me what's going on, any plans tonight?"

"Plans? Oh no. I promised Zurich i'd take him to see a movie tonight."

"You know Z, you are really a good mother. Since i've known you, you've dedicated every weekend to Zurich, that's so sweet."

"Yeah, I try to make him feel good you know? I mean he's only four, and with his dad not being around its hard for me. I can't take him to play football cause I don't know how, and when im doing my makeup stuff I make sure he's not around cause I don't want him to grow up that way."

"I feel you on that, look.. maybeeee if you get out one time you'll find someone.. find Zurich a step dad, like you always say."

We giggled and I shook my head cause I always joked when it came to that, don't nobody want my ass. I have a kid, and I don't have time to get out and mingle. Deja slung her car in the parking space and we hopped out going inside of the restaurant.

"Hi, Welcome to Wing Stop."

We smiled and went to find a table, a young white girl quickly came and gave us menus and asked us what we wanted to drink.

"Pink lemonade."

"Sweet tea."

"Alright, i'll have that right out for you."

While me and Deja talked and looked at the menu I felt eyes burning through the top of my head, I didn't want to look cause.. well.. that'll just be weird.

-

Mitchell

"Im telling u man, she got some big ole titties on her-"

I watched as two girls came inside and sat a couple tables down from us, but only one caught my eye.

"Mitch, you listenin' to me man?"

I looked back at my little brother Dante cause I wasn't listening to shit he was saying. "Sorry lil bro, I was-"

"Too busy eye fuckin' these broads, yeah I know."

"See man, thats yo problem. You gotta stop callin' these girls broads and hoes man fareal."

"Oh yea? Well I call it what I see it."

Im Mitchell, but im known as Mitch round here, ion take shit from nobody. I ain't saying im the baddest or what not, but I do not tolerate bull shit and will put a cap in ya ass real quick. Im 27, Im from Brooklyn, but I relocated a few years back, I wanted to lay low, start fresh and grow. So far, these niggas down here don't have shit on the niggas up north, so to me, its like I run these niggas.

"Bro, you pussy. Go talk to her man, go head."

"Nah, nah. Wait, who said I wanted to talk to shorty?"

"The way you keep looking at her." Dante laughed and I sucked my teeth, here I had my baby brother trying to tell me how to pull a girl. I pulled plenty of women before, I know how it work. But me and her never worked out, once they found out I moved bricks its like fuck me.

"Aye excuse me."

"How can I help you."

"Whatever the shorty with the long hair get, put it on my ticket."

"Alright."

"Thanks."

"No problem sir."