Nine

Mitch

After my little vacay, I had to get to work, things was getting dirtier and dirtier by the day. I was busy all the time, I could barely make time for Zora, and I knew she felt some type of way, even though she said she was used to this type of lifestyle, but me and Lamont two different people. It was 2 in the morning and I just walked in the door, I heard the tv on and I knew Zora was probably up, when I walked into my room she was laid across the bed sleep. I sighed and straightened her up, I stripped out of my clothes and laid with her.

"Late night?"

"Yeah, I don't know why I do what I do."

"Its everything you know, its in your blood." She yawned

"And your sure you don't have a problem with this?"

"Its cool, now go to sleep, I have work tomorrow."

-

Zora

"I think the plum color would do good on you."

I grabbed a sample of our lipstick for a older white lady, it tickled me to death when old people came in here.

"Oh yes darling, i'll buy two."

"Alright, I can ring you up."

After ringing her up Mitch walked in smiling holding a bouquet of flowers, I smiled back and giggled.

"Hey boo." He pecked my lips and I did the same.

"Hello, are these for me."

"Actually there for the old lady you was helping out."

I hit him playfully, and he handed me the flowers, I took them admiring them. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me."

"They're beautiful, I may have a vase to put these in at home."

He smiled at me and I smiled back smelling the flowers. "When you leave this shit hole?"

I giggled. "Don't refer to my job as a shit hole, I actually like it sometimes."

"You know you don't have to be here."

"What you saying?"

"Just quit, let me take care of you."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm not sure about that."

"What is it to not be sure about?"

"I mean... us. What if it doesn't go as planned!"

"Damn you already having doubts about us? Damn that hit right here Z." He touched his heart and I smacked his hand and we laughed.

"No I'm serious Mitch.."

He sighed. "What do I got to do to convince you I'm all for this, and all for you? Huh?" He smacked my butt causing some customers to look and I pulled him to the side out of the view so nobody would be nosey.

"Just don't lie to me... about anything, be you. Be real."

"Thats it?"

"I mean that's just the beginning for now."

"Okay, I gotcha. Don't worry about none of that okay?"

I nodded and a co worker called me cause she needed me at the register. "Alright I gotta go. I'll see you later?"

"No doubt."