Prologue

The building was filled with adults, their ages ranging from 21 to 79. A lot of people were there, for a very unusual discussion: children in society. Despite what some people might believe, this debate has been going on for a very long time. Many parents and adults have been wondering whether a child’s opinion matters, or if a child is supposed to be seen, and not heard. The final decision was dated to be made today, and adults of multiple and various ages, and even their shadow counterparts have decided to come and watch the final debate. The bell chimed twice, meaning the debate, was about to begin. The chairman sat in the center of the debate hall.

  “Good evening gentlemen. This day will go down in history, as the day that this long debate comes to it’s conclusion. Before we begin the voting, does anyone want to share their personal opinion?”

   Only one person raised their hand. A 59 year old man by the name of Patrick Lionsgate. He has been a long oppressor of treating children as objects, simply being seen and not heard, and having them being treated like vermin.

   “Ah, Mr. Lionsgate, of course you would have an opinion on the matter. What would you like to say about it?” asked the chairman. Patrick stood up and spoke in his loud deep voice.

   “As I’m mostly certain that you are aware, I have long despised treating children like filth. And I am absolutely certain that most of you shall disagree with me, but you already know what my vote is. Now, and forever, I will always treat the children that I come across every day, as if they were grown up. You plan on shutting down their imagination, the same imagination that created the world that our shadow brothers and sisters come from. If you plan to take that away, then you can guarantee that I will not be a part of it!”

   Patrick sat down and wiped the sweat off his face. There was several mutters and scattered applause. The chairman simply rolled his eyes.

   “Very well Mr. Lionsgate, As usual, your opinion is most appreciated. Now that we have that out of the way, it’s time to vote. All in favor of the Children Suppression Init--”

   The chairman was interrupted by somebody entering the hall, a 25 year old pale man by the name of Jackson Stoneheart. He was a cruel man who constantly beat and abused his children. Not only that, he was the one asset the chairman needed. The chairman smirked, the triumph clearly showing on his face.

   “Ah, Mr. Stoneheart, so glad you could join us.” The chairman said in an unusually cheery tone.

   “I apologize for being late Mr. Chairman, my daughter did not want to go to bed, so I had to put her in her place.” said Stoneheart, a dark smile on his face.

   “Now then, let us continue with the voting. All in favor of the Children Suppression Initiative, raise your hands” said the chairman. Everyone in the building, except for Patrick Lionsgate, raised their hands. “Then the decision is unanimous. On this day, the 24th of September, 2025, the Children Suppression Initiative has been voted approved”

   There was many applause, and many adults stood up. Patrick was furious.

   “You are all monsters, freaks in the eyes of God! One of these days, somebody will stop this madness. One of these days, you and your stupid Suppression Initiative will fall! I guarantee it!” He yelled. The chairman sighed.

   “Guards, could you kindly escort Mr. Lionsgate to the exit door? And Mr. Lionsgate, no one is going to stop us. Nobody can stop us. This is law, and anyone who challenges the law, shall be executed” said the chairman as Patrick was being dragged out of the building.

   As all the adults left, the chairman and Mr. Stoneheart stayed behind. The chairman sat at a table and poured some tea into 2 cups. He gave one of them to Mr. Stoneheart and took a couple sips of his own.

   “You had me worried there for a minute, Jackson. I started to think you had grown tired of the debate.” said the chairman.

   “I am tired of it Jason. This debate has been a waste of my time since I became an adult. I am just grateful that it’s over with.” said Mr. Stoneheart

   “And to think that all we had to do was ignore Patrick Lionsgate. That fool was always the one holding us back since the start of this debate. No matter, he is now removed, from the equation.” said Jason

   “However, Jason, there is still one small matter that must be taken care of, if the Children Suppression Initiative is to be a permanent success.” said Mr. Stoneheart, a evil smile on his face.

   “And what might that be Jackson?” asked Jason, who looked completely shocked and frightened, when Mr. Stoneheart pulled out his gun from his trench coat.

   “You.” was all that Mr. Stoneheart said before pulling the trigger and killing Jason instantly. He laughed a dark, cold, and evil laugh. “Now the Children Suppression Initiative, can never be abolished, rejected, or ruined in any way” he said, his laughter echoing throughout the building.