13

"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anyone else to feel like that."

-Robin Williams-

~~~~~

"Hi Hyung,"

A sheepish smile and those words were the only things Taehyung dared to say when he found a furious Yoongi standing under the treehouse. Nothing could describe how awful Yoongi's expression was when Taehyung hesitantly stepped down the ladder. Once he touched the ground, Yoongi greeted him with a slipper in his hand and smacked him so hard on his head that the younger yelped in pain.

"OUCH!"

"HOW. DARE. YOU. SHOW. HER. THAT. FUCKING. FLASHBACK?"

Yoongi shouted each word loudly, making sure that each word was followed by the hardest beating he could give to Taehyung. Only whimpered sounds were heard from Taehyung, who was now bending on his knees in front of the older. With no strength left, Yoongi let himself sit on the grass to face Taehyung.

"Yah Taehyung,"

Taehyung shuddered as Yoongi's cold and emotionless voice reached his eardrums. Geez, I am the dead one, but he is surely more frightening than I am, he thought.

"Hm?" Taehyung hummed as he carefully took the slipper away from Yoongi's hand before throwing it away. Yoongi reached out his hand and boldly poked the spot on Taehyung's head where he had been hit with the slipper.

"Wha- Hyung!" Taehyung hissed in pain as even a little touch from Yoongi had a great impact on his sore head.

"What are you, actually?" Yoongi muttered to himself, but it was audible enough for Taehyung to hear. Taehyung averted his eyes to Yoongi, who was now staring at him with a big question mark on his forehead.

"I am what I used to be," Taehyung distanced himself a meter away from Yoongi before taking a seat on the ground, far enough to prevent him from receiving any abusive actions from Yoongi.

Yoongi let out a long sigh and laid his back against the ground. He stared at the beautiful bluish sky while formulating other questions to ask. But there were too many questions, and he couldn't even decide which one to ask first.

I should have gone to the psychologist in the first place. It would be better to be told that I'm having a mental issue than facing this irrational state, he thought.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the afterlife realm?" Yoongi finally asked one of the questions without sparing a glance at Taehyung.

Out of the million questions you have, why did you choose to ask this one? Taehyung cleared his throat and secretly fiddled with his fingers. "Let's just say that once upon a time, I had the privilege to pay a visit." Taehyung followed Yoongi's lead and lay down on the grassy ground.

"You made an unforgivable mistake, you ruined her," said Yoongi.

"I know, but it's worth it if you take my side to fix her broken soul," Taehyung took a long sigh. "I clearly know how my death affected both of your lives, and how your ruined lives affected our parents' lives as well. So, for the last time... would you help me?"

"Tsk, still being a pain in the ass, aren't you?" Yoongi stood up and started to climb up the ladder leading to the tree house above him.

"Does it mean that you agree to help me?!" Taehyung shouted and smiled widely while chasing Yoongi to the tree house.

"Do I have a choice?!" Yoongi shouted back as he reached the treehouse, scanning every inch of the house with his eyes.

The entire house looked exactly like the last time he saw it. He ran his fingers through the wooden wall as if he were reminiscing about the moment he brushed the paint on it.

The familiar feeling of excitement suddenly burst into his mind when he remembered how excited he was that day when his dad brought home a tin can of blue paint for him; Soomin's favorite color.

He remembered how hyped he was when he dragged Taehyung to the treehouse that afternoon, only to paint the house with the new blue paint he had. It was supposed to be a surprise for their little baby girl, but the stubborn Soomin could not resist following the boys.

Yoongi chuckled at how funny she looked when she whined to her mom so that she could go with him and Taehyung.

If only she had not come with us... no... if only I had not asked Taehyung to do the painting that day. It's still my fault after all, he thought.

A sniffled sound distracted Yoongi from his deep thoughts. He looked around to see Taehyung, who was now sitting on the wooden floor, crossing his legs and rubbing his nose with teary eyes.

"The hell? What is wrong with you?" Yoongi frowned.

"I'm just too happy that you agreed to help me," Taehyung sniffled, his nose running and tears streaming down his face. "I love you," he said as he formed a heart sign with both hands above his head.

"Oh God," Yoongi shot a disgusted look before throwing his other slipper towards Taehyung, which earned a chuckle from the younger.

"Yoongi hyung, hey! Wake up!"

Yoongi looked around when he heard Jungkook's voice calling his name. Taehyung rolled his eyes and then approached his confused hyung.

"Is he dead or what?! Yah! Hyung!"

This time Yoongi heard Jimin's voice and felt as if someone had shaken his body.

Sigh. "Guess it's time for you to go," Taehyung said. "Say hi to your friends. They seem fun." He smiled before he whispered some last words while tapping Yoongi's shoulder to send him back to reality.

¤¤¤