27

"How do you spell 'love'?"
- Piglet

"You don't spell it...you feel it."
- Pooh

-A.A. Milne-

~~~~

Slouching on the couch, Soomin covered half of her face with a cushion while her gaze remained fixed on the TV, which was currently showing some random show.

"Stop staring at me," she muttered.

The couple of eyes that had been amusedly watching her since she stormed into the living room, angrily ranting about Yoongi's so-called girlfriend, squinted in unison as they tried to hold back their laughter. One of them cleared their throat, attempting to start a conversation, but Soomin raised her hand, signaling for them to not talk about the situation she had just learned about an hour ago.

"No, please. Don't say anything."

A burst of laughter suddenly filled the living room, causing Soomin to bury her face fully into the fluffy cushion.

"Dad!" she yelled out loud against the cushion.

"I-I'm sorry, but it's so funny!"

"Yah, stop it," Mrs. Kim nudged Mr. Kim's side, restraining herself from joining in the laughter.

"How could she be so oblivious? Unbelievable," said her dad, wiping tears from the side of his eyes. Mrs. Kim glared at him and shoved him away from the couch as Soomin's nose started to flare.

"OK, I'm out," he lifted both of his hands up, slowly moonwalking out to the porch.

"Sorry?" her mom said, grinning innocently.

"You're so mean," Soomin pouted, still keeping her eyes on the TV.

"I - we didn't know that you had no idea about it."

"About a puppy named Min Holy adopted months ago by the Min family?! How on earth was I supposed to know about that?"

"Exactly, how on earth did you not know about that? I mean, you see him on a daily basis, though," she asked, raising her eyebrows.

Soomin shifted her gaze to her mom, then back to the TV, and then back to her mom again. Finally, she threw her vision to her hands, which were hugging the cushion tightly. A concerned smile appeared on Mrs. Kim's face as she observed her daughter's expression. Soomin seemed confused with herself.

"Mom..."

"Hm?"

"Am I a bad person?"

"Why would you say that?" Mrs. Kim asked, adjusting her position to face her daughter clearly.

"I - uh - because I've been such a pain in the neck for the people around me for years?"

"For Yoongi? Is that what you mean?" Soomin nodded hesitantly as she heard the name being said. Yes, Min Yoongi.

"Yes, you are. Despite the fact that you had gone through a lot by losing your oppa right in front of your eyes at a very young age, you are undeniably a very displeasing companion for him."

Shutting her eyes while leaning her head onto the couch, she nodded slowly in response to her mom. Deep inside her mind, she wanted to hear a "no" as the answer, but the truth couldn't be avoided forever. She had to accept it. I am an asshole.

"But," her mom continued. She opened her eyes instantly, straightening her back while looking at her mom, who was now starting to switch the TV channel uninterestedly with the remote in her hand.

"The fondness he has for you is greater than all the agony you've caused."

Her heart sank in no time as her mom slipped the words without any hesitation. Blinking rapidly while trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall, she cleared her throat before uttering her mind to her mom.

"How could you be so sure about that?" She asked, hugging her cushion tighter.

"Lady, I've witnessed a lot of things that you couldn't see for years." Mrs. Kim caressed her daughter's hair gently when a muffled sniffling sound was heard. Covering her face with the cushion did not help her in hiding her weeping from her mom.

"But why?" she whimpered through the cushion, which was already drenched because of her tears.

"Don't ask me. I've even asked his mom whether he had injured his head somewhere so that he could endure your daily dosage of torture. If I were him, I'd have ditched you a long time ago."

"Mom.." she chuckled a little at her mom's confession as she wiped away the tears from her face.

"What? Just think about it by yourself. There is no sane human being that is tough enough to deal with a pig-head girl like you every single day. He really has a bulletproof heart" Mrs. Kim scoffed while glaring to her daughter teasingly which made Soomin burst into laugh.

"What I want to say is, you have a very cool caretaker, so please cherish this moment. You won't know when his blinded eyes will wide open and realize that he has wasted his precious life only for taking care of a troublesome girl like you."

"Mom, why do you have to be so rude?!"

"Not as rude as you, though," Mrs. Kim giggled, ruffling Soomin's hair playfully before pulling her into her embrace.

"Soomin..."

"Hm?" she hummed as she cuddled her mom.

"Why are you so upset about this?"

Heaving a sigh, she snuggled and shook her head. No matter how deep she dug her mind for the answer, she couldn't find the most suitable answer. I don't know, mom.

"Seems like the long-awaited spring day has finally come," Mrs. Kim stroked Soomin's hair lightly, soothing her until she fell asleep in her mom's warm hug.

¤¤¤