Chapter Fourteen

Sadie's POV

"Did you at least punch him in the face?" Kent raged, slipping his legs into his jeans and leaving me laying in bed.

"Because that would've been so appropriate to do while in a little boy was showing off his new kitty," I replied coldly, rolling off my side of the bed to slip on some pajamas.

"Seriously babe, I'll go beat the hell out of him whenever," I got one last glimpse of Kent's abs before he pulled a shirt over his head and covered himself. 

"I think he's got the point. For now at least..." 

"Mom!" Emery suddenly screamed, bursting through our bedroom door. "My tooth is loose!"

Emery proudly showed me her slightly wiggly front tooth with the biggest smile on her face. I couldn't help but imagine how she'd look once she lost it and had no tooth there. She'd be even cuter than now, if that's possible. 

"Let me see," Kent swooped our daughter into his arms and examined her mouth very carefully. "You know what this means right?"

"I have to leave it under my pillow so the tooth fairy can give me lots of money!" Emery yelled, even more excited about the news that her tooth was loose. 

"How did you get so smart?" Kent asked, kissing Emery all over the face until she successfully squirmed out of his hold and jumped into my lap. 

"I get it from mommy," She proudly announced, forcing Kent to pout and cross his arms. 

"Now that I can agree with!" Emery and I laughed and fell back on the bed.

"Alright you two, that's it!" Kent suddenly jumped on the bed, towering over the two of us and began attacking us with tickles. Making Emery and I scream and bump heads a few times before Kent finally ran out of energy and plopped down beside us. His breathing was heavy but the smile on his face was absolutely priceless. 

Before I had the chance to ask if Emery and Kent wanted to go to the roller rink for the afternoon my phone began ringing on my bed side table. I didn't recognize the number but then again it could be someone from work. 

"Sadie, hey girl! It's Ryan, remember me?" His voice was almost too chipper to stand. "I was wondering what you and Kent's schedule was like this week? Charlie has not kept his mouth shut about you two since I mentioned that I ran into you!"

Kent was listening to the whole conversation and his face had turned white. Ryan barely let me get two words in while he rambled on about how they were busy at the beginning of the week because of some house remodling project or something. Emery had left within two minutes of me being on the phone to go play in her room. 

"And really if you and Kent are ever going to repaint your house make sure you go with Stella Brothers, they are amazing, really," Ryan continued. 

I glanced at the clock and realized that he had been going on and on for twenty minutes straight. Does he even breathe? 

"Hey Ryan I actually have to go, I have some things I need to get done around the house today," I began, cutting Ryan off mid-sentence which did not phase him one bit. 

"Oh I didn't mean to keep you, I'm sorry! I've just been so lonely since Charlie moved us out here you know? Anyway, what day works best for you two?" 

"Honestly Ryan I'm going to have to get a hold of you during the week and let you know, I'm not sure about our schedule yet, is that okay?" Ryan sighed heavily into the phone.

"Yes but you have to promise to actually call me, I'm serious! You don't wanna see me mad Sadie," He joked with me and laughed. Although he really wasn't that funny I laughed too, trying not to hurt his feelings. I'm sure it would be very nice to catch up with Ryan, but Charlie on the other hand. Well I could live without seeing Cahrlie again. 

"I promise, talk to you soon," As soon as I had hit the end button Kent was right beside me, running his hands up my sides and kissing my neck. 

"That guy can talk forever," Kent complained between kisses. 

"You're telling me," I muttered, turning into Kent's arms and kissing him hard. Within seconds the pajamas that I had just put on were again thrown on the floor and we were tangled in the sheets.

"Ah fuck," Kent groaned as he reached for his nightstand drawer.

"What?" I gasped, out of breath.

"We're out of condoms," Kent glanced back at me with a worried expression, knowing that we usually wouldn't have sex without protection and since I wasn't on birth control, condoms were our only form. 

"It's fine," Kent's eyes widened when I replied. 

"Are you sure?" 

"What's life if you don't live on the wild side?"