Chapter Twenty-Five

Sadie's POV

I held on to Kent's hand as we waited quietly, ready to hear what the judge had to say. Ryan was sitting beside us, he testified against his high school sweetheart for us. He saved our daughter by betraying Charlie. 

I glanced behind me where my parents sat watching us. My mom held our three month old daughter, Taylor, in her arms, rocking her gently. Thankfully Emery wouldn't be out from school for another two hours. 

The judge cleared his throat and I quickly turned my attention back to the front of the courtroom. This trial had been going on for 13 months now, to the day, and I was more than ready to see Charlie behind bars for good. 

I wasn't able to follow everything that the judge was saying, the only important part that I heard was Charlie being sentenced to 25 years in prison with no parole. Hot tears immediately fell and Kent scooped me into a tight hug, pulling Ryan into the hug as well. The audience in the courtroom clapped and cheered along with us. After all, Charlie had made headlines in town and within three days of the kidnapping the whole town knew everything. 

My mom handed over Taylor and hugged me tightly while my dad thanked Ryan for the millionth time. 

"It's the least I could do, after everything he put you all through," Ryan said, tears also starting to fill his eyes. He seemed ashamed but he had nothing to do with Charlie's behavior. 

"You are always welcome around my family Ryan," Kent reached out and shook Ryan's hand briefly. 

"Who's up for some lunch?" My dad asked, rubbing his hands together excitedly and wiggling his eyebrows. 

We followed my parents out of the courtroom and to the parking lot. The day seemed to be brighter now that I knew Charlie wouldn't be anywhere near us for 25 years. 

"What are we going to do when he gets out?" I whispered to Kent once we got into his car. Kent frowned over at me while starting the car and stayed silent for a moment. 

"Well, that'll be in 25 years. Em's going to be 31, probably married with her own protective husband and Taylor will be 25 studying martial arts so she can kick his scrawny ass if he ever dares to show his face around here again," Kent answered confidently and proudly, driving away from the courthouse. 

"Martial arts, huh?" I couldn't help but giggle while Kent rolled his eyes. 

"Our daughters are going to be bad asses, just you wait Mrs. Agather," 

I had no doubt in my mind that Kent was right but even though Charlie was finally behind bars, I knew one day we might have to face him again. 

But by then we'll be more than ready for whatever he brings to the table. 

THE END. 

=============

Thank you to everyone who has read this book and shown it some love. This book was really difficult for me to write actually and I'm still not too happy with it so expect some changes in the future to the story. Love you all so much! 

-xxthecookiexx-