Remembrance Day Chapter 2

"Umm, Mr Rider? There's a problem with your account, we think there has been a security breach. could you please come in as soon as your available? We would like to speak with you. Good Day." It was definitely a new girl; she had the uncertainty of all employees on their first day of a new, high-paying job. She knew she could not afford to mess this up. Alex promptly confirmed this and hung up on them. I mean, they deserved it. They'd definitely ruined his life enough that he had the right to hang up on them. Multiple times. Over and over again. Yep, they were that bad.

-------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the bank, an annoyed Alex strolled up to the receptionist, radiating danger. The receptionist stiffened; she wasn't used to a mere teenager radiating that kind of power. So she was new too, huh? R&G certainly were bringing in a new batch of recruits this time. "Good afternoon, how can I help?" She smiled brightly at him, seemingly content that a teenager was entering the 'bank' that was actually the top secret headquarters of Military Intelligence Sector Six.

"I'm here for an appointment with Mr A Blunt, Room 140." Alex wasn't sure whether or not the young woman had been told abut the actual reason behind the Royal & General, if it was her first few days, probably not. His suspicions were confirmed when she replied after looking intently at her computer, probably a list of employees.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I don't know a Mr Blunt. Are you in the right place?" She looked generally confused, not acting like the more well informed employees. Alex sighed, rubbing his eyes and searching his memory for the code Blunt had given him when he had agreed to officially become an agent, just after leaving America.

America hadn't really worked out right for Alex; I mean, when you've had at least six assassination attempts in three weeks, you're in serious trouble. Alex decided his experience in the espionage business would always haunt him, so he moved back to Chelsea after making a deal with Joseph Byrne, head of CIA that may involve returning a favour after Skeleton Key. The deal made sure that Pleasures would be in constant protection. Sabina was smart enough to spot anyone tailing her and would find out eventually but that should be fine.

"Alex, how good it is too see you again." Blunt smiled in the creepy, eerie way he is known for. "Please, have a seat. I think we need to discuss your current employment, don't you?"

"I want to be an agent." Straight to the point. Sharp, unveiled and clear. Exactly what Alex wanted from Blunt this time round, not some coded riddle hidden inside a simple 'good luck' saying. "A proper Agent, not just some secret weapon you bring out when the worlds about to be blown up by some Psychotic Billionaire. I want pay, I want a gun, I want identification, I want backup, I want an office, but most importantly, I want training. All these things should have been provided before my first mission, and I only got two weeks training."

"Good. See Smithers for your ID and Gun as well as keys to your office, Your paycheck for previous missions should arrive within a week, and tomorrow you are leaving for Brecon Beacons. Dismissed." Alex stood stifly and walked out, outwardly looking annoyed at the dull voice Blunt contained throughout, but inwardly jumping for joy that he had finally gotten his way...

Alex shook the memory out of his mind. Just after he had left the building, standing a mere three feet away from the blood stained pavement, a sniper had shot him, only his improved instincts saving him from certain death. The bullet hit his shoulder, in line with the last one. Alex vividly remembered the blinding pain, and managing to get on his bike, one handedly riding down the road towards St.Dominics. Alex couldnt risk revealing the wound to a civilian now as they would perform a search for ID finding his MI6 Identification.

His visit had been delayed by a week, so by the time he arrived at BB his quick healing had made his arm fully useable again. during his month there during his schools summer break, Alex had befriended K-Unit, the unit he was staying with, and frequently came to them after missions to recover.

Suddenly flashing back to the present he sighed, before turning back to the receptionist, named 'Millie' if her nametag was correct."There should be a code bar at the bottom of the screen, type in this; 007140299"

Millie looked doubtful, but typed in the string of numbers, read the result and glanced at it nervously, saying "G-Go right ahead, floor 9." she was still glacing anxiously at the numbers he had told her, then turned to the phone, presumably to call her boss. Alex walked away quietly, slipping into the empty elevator, hidden by all the desks and floral decorations. pressing floor 9, Alex contemplated the motive behind the meeting. Maybe it was something to do with the parade tomorrow?

Alex was in Brooklands Elementary Sixth form, and was eighteen. Alex had only four months left before finishing School, and pursuing further education if he wanted it. Of course, MI6 would probably want him to have a degree in something or other, but Alex wasn't sure. He had passed all his tests, now his teachers were just revising stuff had learnt to make sure it was embedded in his mind.

Reaching floor nine, Alex walked slowly up to the door, observing and analysing everything, as was his habit when he wasn't around people he knew or fully trusted, which says a lot about MI6 if he's doing it in their headquarters.

Confirming that the immediate vicinity was clear of any impending danger, Alex walked straight into the heads' office, taking a seat without being asked to. Blunt didn't look up. Though he hadn't actually looked up from his reports, he was clearly aware of Alex's presence as he started to relax slightly from his frantic writing, finishing with a harsh full stop that nearly sent a hole through the thick stack of papers.

"Ah, Alex. Do you know why your here?"

"Why would I exactly? I was called by a new employee and told to come in because there was a 'Problem with my account, possibly a security breach'."

"Ah, yes. Well, there is no security breach, but I'm sure you've heard from your Headmaster about the Remembrance Day parade?" Blunt glanced at a pile of standard manilla files for confirmation of something, and not waiting for an answer he continued. "Your headteacher requested that there be a unit of elite soldiers marching with your school. He directed this request towards Sargeant Collins, Director of the SAS camp in Brecon Beacons. He then forwaded this request to me." Blunt opened his mouth to continue, but Alex beat him to it.

"Why excactly would he forward it to you? Hes SAS not MI6!" Alex was a little irritated that Blunt was leading the conversations off track, or so he thought.

"As I was about to explain, we will come back to that in a minute. But moving onto the matter at hand..."Alex sighed softly and put the thought begind him. he was tired, and easily annoyed after a few hours sleep due to the incomprehendable amount of homework he had to complete.

"We have a mission for you, and if you accept we will need to send you to train at Brecon Beacons, to prepare you for your most important mission yet. The mission is expected to last four months, and is a deep cover mission."

Blunt sounded serious; this must be for a really, really good reason. Only joking, Blunt is always serious. But its serious anyway.

-Authors Note---Authors Note---Authors Note-

Disclaimer: I own nothing you recognise from the Alex Rider Series, it all belongs to Anthony Horowitz!

Thank you so much for reading this, and I'm very very sorry it took so long for me to update, I've been distracted for a while, and posting chapters wasn't very high on my priority list.

Sorry to end the chapter so abruptly, but i need more for the next chapter, and would have to extend this to about 2000 words, so i want to stay consistent, and will continue next chapter.

If you see any grammatical or punctuation errors, please please please tell me! I'm not the best typer, so please help me correct them!

Some Questions:
    -what do you think the mission is about? spoiler in the description...

    -What are you expecting to happen at the parade?

    -What is your favourite/most exciting part so far? I'm curious ;-)

Next chapter:  "So, What do you say?" 

Date published: 22/03/18

word count: 1480

By Teddybearcrazy