Arrival

If you've come hear for a story of pure love, turn away. This story doesn't contain any of that. This contains danger, a butt load of anxiety, and angst. This story will also contain some harsh language. If you are turned off by any of this, turn away. NOW. That being said, continue at your own pace.

..........

When people look at me and my sister, people think that I'm adopted. I've got a slight tan, I'm six foot four, my hair course to the touch, almost pitch black, and my eyes look like burnt gold. Bella has pale skin, almost a dark chestnut colored hair, milk chocolate eyes, and a height of five foot four. We're ten months apart, and we have different relationships in regards to our parents. I have a closer relationship with our dad, and more of a very light, barely there relationship with our mom.

Bella's known as the 'shy' girl. Keeps to her self, and doesn't really say a word unless she has to. I'm known as the 'ice queen'. I don't like to mingle with people. Especially with people I don't know. If I do hang out with people, it'll be because I find you worthy of my time and patience, regardless of who your family is, or how you look.

But, that doesn't matter anymore, apparently. Because our mom is shipping us to live our dad in Forks. That's the only part I don't find upsetting, is the fact I'm getting to live with my dad on a constant basis now.

The sad thing, I'll be leaving the warm climate I love, and moving to place where it's constantly cloudy, and cold. Oh man do I hate the cold. It's bitter and unforgiving. Sadly, I have no say in this. But, I know that with a new school, comes new territory. So, it can't be all bad. Can it?

........

I groaned when Bella and I arrived at the Port Angeles airport. It was raining, and I hated rain. It's the only thing Bella and I agree on, and the only thing we have in common.

"Can't we go back to Phoenix? We could get jobs to pay for utilities." I said.

"You know we can't. Besides, I thought'd you be excited to see dad." Bella said as we departed from the plane.

"I am. It's just, it's gonna be so cold and wet."

"Well, we're gonna have to get used to it. Besides, he's outside waiting."

I looked outside, and indeed saw that our dad was waiting outside. By his police cruiser. I groaned before grabbing my bags. We headed outside, power-walking to the cruiser. We said our quick hello's, before getting into the cruiser, and heading to Forks.

"So, girls. Anything new?" Dad asked while we pulled into Forks.

Bella shook her head.

"No. Nothing new, dad." I said, looking out the window.

The town our dad lives in is called Forks. I swear, the person who came up with the name, must've been high as a kite when they came up with the name. I mean, who names a town after a utensil?

Anyway, Forks is a relatively small town, with a population of approximately 3,120 people. It's nickname is 'The logging capital of the world'. I never really minded coming here when Bella and I where kids. But, when she complained about having to go to Forks, her and dad compromised on vacationing in California for two weeks. I think it's way then that I developed my love for dry, warm climates.

As for our dad, Charlie, he's lived there for his whole life. I think. Anyway, his job is the chief of police. Which can be a hassle sometimes. Especially if you're the daughter of a police officer, and get caught smoking weed. Of course, I never lied about that incident either. I was curious about what would happen, so I bought some from a classmate, and smoked it's at a park. Granted, that spot wasn't the wisest choice, but I can't do anything about it now.

Anyway, the people of the town love him. How could they not? He's one of the nicest people around. Even if he can be too nice sometimes. Which, some people seem to enjoy.

I sighed in relief as well pulled up to dad's house. I smirked, remembering all the fun times I had here as a kid. With some help from dad, Bella and I grabbed our stuff from the trunk before heading inside.

"I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom. " Dad said.

"You didn't need to do that, dad. Thanks anyway." I said.

We climbed up the stairs, and headed to the bedrooms. I waited outside of Bella's room, briefly setting my bags down. While I waited for dad, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a few texts from mom. I rolled my eyes, knowing she'd be pissed that I hadn't answered her. The first couple were pretty normal, the next few show her irritation, and the last few were all caps. Showing that she was a couple I texts away from calling dad.

I replied saying that Bella and I had landed and hour ago, and that we just arrived at dad's house. I also told her to quit freaking out, and that one of us would call her soon.

I swear, sometimes I wonder how I'm related to her.