First sighting

If you see an author's note before a chapter, it means one of two things: I went back and fixed any grammar errors, or I need to say something real quick; disclaimer, content warning, etc.

ººººººººººº

I woke up the next morning, drowsey, and cranky. I didn't get to sleep until 1:30. Then it started raining, which didn't help at all. I looked at my clock, and groaned. I only got four and half hours of sleep. I got up, and grabbed my towel and shampoos and conditioners.

I could hear the tv going downstairs, which meant my dad was up, and had already used the bathroom. I knew my sister never got up this early, so the bathroom would be free. Now, you might be asking, why so much shampoo and conditioner? 'Cause f*ck you, that's why.

After I got out of the shower, I dried my hair, and put it into a double french braid. Once that was done, I wrapped a towel around my body, grabbed my things, and went back to my room.

I dried myself off, and put my clothes on.

After my morning routine was completed, I headed downstairs

"Morning dad!" I said, hugging him.

"Morning sweetheart. Sleep good?"

I shooked my head.

"Not really. The thunder woke me up, off and on. I'll be okay though."

"Are you sure," He asked. "You could stay home an hour longer."

"I'm sure. I'll be okay, dad." I reassured.

I hugged him again, relishing in the contact. I missed living with him.

"If you say so."

......

As Bella and I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a couple of cars that stood out. One was a silver XC-60 Volvo, and the other one was a black 1970 dodge challenger.

I groaned when the truck backfired, after we parked

"We need to have that looked at." I said, throwing my bag over my shoulders.

"I don't think we can. But I'll get it looked at. See you at lunch."

I hugged my sister before parting ways.

I looked at my schedule, seeing that I had American History, I practically dashed to the class room. I loved learning about the history of our country. Learning about the different things our ancestors did to form this country is awesome.

I walked in and handed the slip I was given to the teacher. He signed it, and said I could sit anywhere. Though he recommened one of the three in the back, as most of the regulars sat in the front. I picked the one next the windows. Even though I hated living in this climate, that doesn't mean I didn't appreciate the beauty of it.

Once the bell rang, students started making their way into the room. I notice their confused and surprised looks on their faces. I rolled my eyes and pulled out pen and note book. After the final bell rang, the last student came in before the teacher shut the door. I could hear a few whispers here and there. I didn't pay attention to any of it, until I heard one.

"What's the new girl doing, at Jasper's table?"

Before I could look up to see who said that, the chair beside me was pulled out. I didn't have time to see who sat next to me as the teacher started speaking. I droned the students out, as I payed attention to what the teacher was asking. Occasionally, I would look at the kid through the corner of my eye, catches flashes of blond hair, and pale skin. When the lesson ended with five minutes to spare, I put my stuff in my bag. Then, I turned around to introduce myself.

"Hi. I'm Saja."

It felt like eternity, before he said something.

"I'm Jasper." He said, sticking his hand out.

I took his hand, ignoring the ice cold temperature of his hand.

"Nice to meet you Jasper."