Chapter 5: Chocolate Memories, Candied Dreams

Edit: went back and corrected the auto correct bs I didn't notice before...

"(F/n)!" Your mother called.

"Get up" you heard her voice again.

"Don't make such a fuss..." the voice continued.

This was, a dream a memory. It was a chocolate dream of a candied memory.

"... be a good girl for your mommy dear....." the voice of your mother continued.

"Good morning honey!" You heard your father address your mother.

"You smell... take a shower..." you heard your mother repond.

My favorite type of chocolate is dark chocolate.

"I will..." your father answered.

Something was very distant about there voices though.

"What is with this mangy mutt?..." you mother spoke again.

"Don't you like it?..." you father reponded.

Dark chocolate has a very nice bitter sweet taste.

"...No I don't, it's just another mouth to feed..." your mother answered

"Oh I see... why not just get rid of it..." your father's voice cut back in.

Even though your dream had no visual you can tell what's happening. This is when you were young, the day you lost your parents. It was a normal day your mom woke you like usual with you making a fuss. Your dad greeting her good morning having now a mutt. You mother wasn't happy though.

"We can't just look at it no shelter will take it..."

Even though... why did everything sound so distant and on going.

You opened your eyes. You were 6 in your bed room, it had a soft comforter, pastel walls, a white dresser next to an open closet with a large teddy bear sticking out, and a shaggy rug at your bedside. Then it all faded away, you were on the floor the wall paper was faded but mostly missing, there was nothing else in the room other than a newspaper for a blanket. THIS was your real room.

Suddenly the door opened and it was the picture perfect mother, your mother. With her perfect white teeth, her rose cheeks pared with her perminent smile and bright eye. She faded. Her hair became ragged and and her cheerful eyes venomous. Her smile was a snarl and her teeth were stained tabbacoo yellow. YOUR mother.

"(F/n)!" Your mother screeched.

"Get up!" She bellowed storming over to your tiny 6 year old form. Still bruised. She grabbed you and you screamed thrashing about.

"Don't make such a fuss! you good for nothing piece of shit!" She yelled beginning to beat on your head like you were a broken appliance.

This was the same, but different.

"you ungrateful sac of piss, why can you be a good girl for your mommy, dear god what the hell did I do to deserve, This-this- THIS WASTE OF LIFE" she screamed as she began grabbing you where ever she could to hold you still as she relentlessly beat her fists on your small fragile frame.

Then your father entered.

"Good morning honey!" your father address your mother. From where you were you could smell the alcohol on him, see the lipstick smeared on his jaw.

"You smell like beer, take a shower i can't stand the smell of that skank on you!" your mother spat at him ignoring you small bleeding body.

This was different.

"I will do what I want when I want! damn cock licking whore!"your father responed smashing the beer bottle on the ground next you your mother, some of the shards landing on you.

Something was very wrong.

"What is with this mangy mutt? This thing that you put inside of me?! This spawn you call a child?!" you mother screeched at him, turning most of her attention from your broken body to him.

"Don't you like it? She has you old lovers bitch attitude, that piece of shit isnt mine you slut." you father spat back at her.

Chocolate is made from cocoa bean turned into cocoa powder which is extremely bitter, and is then mixed with sugar and cream. Chocolate can there for be very sweet or very bitter depending on the cocoa to sugar ratio.

"It's yours thats why its fucked up! Do I want it?! No I don't, it's just another mouth to feed to go along with your damn drinking" you mother growled

"Oh I see! so you smoking has nothing to do with it?! why not just get rid of it, we'd be better off, we never fought before that piece of shit showed up" your father snapped back.

This was the same dream. Only this time you could hear everything clearly, and you could see. This was the last memory you had of your parents, they had abused you. You never liked rembering this so you began to think of the type of parent that might have been, if they were nicer. One day you started believing that's what they were, your memories censored.

"We can't just look at it no shelter will take it without reporting us, then fucking what?"

Suddenly everything was black. Objects and people appeared as poorly drawn white lined images. Like white chalk on a chalk board.

A figure rose from the ground with and eerie smile and it walked over to two other smiling figures, a man and a women.

A flash of red

The man and the women were gone and In there place red flowers. The red on flowers looked some what disturbing.

The figure was smiling

A flash of white

Now the figure was standing by a house.

Now the house was on fire.

You can candy anything that you can dip in boiling sugar and corn syrup. Apples, fruits, beatles, and spiders. To name a few.

You bitter chocolate dream turned back into sweet milk chocolate, the candied tarantula memories turned into candied apples. The bad became good simply because your mind like the good better, it chose it's reality.

You liked your mom being a stay at home hard working mother who cared and loved you. You liked your dad being a  goofy clumsy lovable man. You liked your fake reality more than the truth.

And you woke with the sweet chocolate and candied treats staining you memories.