Careful

Today is a historic day. For the first time ever, the Smackdown's power couple, John Cena and Nikki Bella, is tag teaming. And, for some reason, you and Randy Orton are their opponents.

It doesn't even make sense, honestly. You barely interacted on live TV. Sure, you were friends, hit the gym and trained together, and sometimes even shared a ride in between towns. But it was still weird to actually get to wrestle and tag team with him, live, on an actual storyline.

Truth is, regarding this storyline's nature, being against a couple, you're afraid that WWE will ask you to be a part of an on-screen relationship with Randy. Because you know you wouldn't hate it, at all, but it'd hurt like hell to be so close yet so far from him.

Your match is just minutes away, now. You're warming up, doing some small jumps, punching the air, squatting, when Randy joins you, already in his ring gear.

"You ready?" He asks, glancing down at you, watching you do some push-ups on the ground.

"Yup. You?" You groan, finishing your set and standing up.

"Always." He mumbles. Something's off about him today and you can't quite put your finger on it. "Uh, (y/n)?"

"Yes?" You look up at him questioningly, as he visibly struggled to find the right words to express whatever he wanted to say.

"Be careful out there okay?" He begs softly, his features holding nothing but worry and care.

"What's this now?" You couldn't stop yourself from asking.

"I just... I'm having a bad feeling, I don't know." He confesses, running his hands over his face.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." You smile gently, stroking his shoulder in assurance. "Plus, stop that sappy shit!" You chuckle, now jokingly punching that same shoulder. "You're not one of the good guys."

"Neither are you." He replies, grinning, recalling the fact that you are both heels.

"I know." You smirk, but the smirk rapidly fades away as he takes ahold of your tiny hand, now secluded in between his own big one. Your gazes lock with such intensity, time almost stops. But suddenly, his theme song starts playing. "Uh. We're on."

"Y-yeah, let's go." He sighs, defeated, as he lets go of your hand and walks through the curtain.

You watch him on the small TV, he's doing his entrance down the ramp, but suddenly... he just stops before getting into the ring.

"What's he doing?" You mumble to yourself, completely confused.

Then your own theme song starts echoing in the arena. And Randy still hasn't left his position. He keeps standing by the ring, looking up at the ramp. Oh. He's waiting for you.

You finally take a deep breath and start walking down the ramp, confidently. He smirks softly when your gazes lock once again, your own smile showing up. When you reach him, he hooks his arm around your shoulder and you both climb up the steps until you're finally in the ring.

Sadly, he breaks the physical contact you were having so he could sit on the middle rope and push the top one up, making some space for you to get inside. You do as motioned, and he follows you, both of you doing your specific entrances inside the ring now.

Suddenly, John Cena's theme song hits, signaling his own entrance, followed by Nikki's. Randy sighs deeply, and hooks his arm around your shoulder pulling you close, he looked distressed or something.

"Please, be careful." He whispers in your ear, then pressing a light kiss to your temple. Your heart flutters in your chest, but, at the same time, you're feeling a bit scared.