Chapter one

Re-edited // Please check out my new book titled "Hidden secrets." The characters Aesthetics, and the prologue is already up :)

"Charlie come downstairs now!"

"I'm coming no need to shout" I yelled back.

Sighing to myself, I went downstairs to be greeted by Miss Clarke and a tall man with brown hair and hazel eyes that looked as if he was somewhere in his mid forties.

When he saw me he broke out into a huge smile and said, "Charlotte, I can't believe it's really you. My name is Cam, your dad as Miss Clarke has already mentioned to you."

I watched him take in my appearance;
My messy blonde hair that was falling out of the braids I did last night, my height that probably seemed so short compared to him, and my different coloured eyes.

Yup that's right I have heterochromia iridium. It's basically just a fancy word that means I have 2 different coloured eyes, my left one being brown, and my right one blue.

"Oh my...." He began. "You look so much like your mother."

He moved closer towards me to give me a hug, but stopped just before he could and asked, "is it okay if I hug you?"

I nodded, awkwardly not really knowing what to say or do since I've never been in this type of situation before. As he hugged me I stiffened slightly by his touch.

As he pulled away and looked at me he said, "I'm so happy to finally get to meet you, I've always wanted a daughter."

I didn't know what he meant by that but I didn't really bother to care. He's going to send you away eventually, I thought to myself.

A voice interrupted my from my thoughts,
"Do you have everything Charlotte?" Miss Clarke said.

I nodded solemnly. I as much as didn't feel comfortable going away with some long-lost father I never knew about, it was better than staying here in this crappy foster home with having a female devil looking after me and the other brats here.

"We'll than, I guess you two should head out now, you wouldn't want to miss your flight."

I knew she didn't care if we missed our flight or not, she was just looking forward to having to take care of one less kid.

"Behave yourself Charlotte, and don't get into anymore trouble." she said sternly to me then she turned towards Cam. "if you have any questions or if there's something wrong just give me a call."

I don't think that would be necessary, right Charlotte? My Cam asked while I just nodded my head in response not bothering to say anything.

As I was walking towards the door I remembered something. As I was running up the stairs I heard miss Clarke yell telling me the door was the other way. I'm not stupid I thought to myself.

I reached out under my bed to find my violin.
I started playing when I was 5 and I always played whenever I had a rough day because it would be a nice distraction from the pains of the real word, even just for a few minutes.

After I finally had everything me, Cam and I got into the taxi to make our way towards the airport and to my new home.

~~
Here is the re-edited version. I didn't check over any grammar mistakes so if you see any please let me know:)

Also, Ive uploaded the few Characters aesthetics, and prologue in my new book so I would really appreciate it if you guys would check it out. I'll most likely be putting my focus into that book for now since I already have the general plot & story line.

But anyways, thank you for reading & I'll talk to you guys soon!

-S