Chapter 26

I smoothed out the white skater dress Luke had picked out for me and laced up my black Converse. Looking into the mirror one last time, I took a deep breath and brushed my fingers through my curled brown hair.

I walked out of my bathroom just as there was a knock on the door. I exhaled slowly, counting time in my head.

I stood in front of the door and shook my head a little, smiling to myself. I grabbed the metal handle and yanked it down, pulling the door towards me, revealing a smiling Ashton.

His black suit and white converse matched perfectly with my outfit.

"What the hell Ash, did you and Luke plan this?"

"Maybe," he smirked. "I saw you eyeing up that dress one day. And I knew for a fact that you wouldn't wear heels."

I smiled wider.

"You sneaky bastard."

"Love you," he replied before walking towards me and pressing his lips to mine.

I smiled into the kiss.

He pulled away and wrapped his hand around mine.

"Now Ms. Prince, we have a busy night to get to."

-----------------

Ashton brought me to a fancy French restaurant only a 15 minute walk away from my flat. We stepped inside and I was immediately taken a back by it.

No one in their right mind was going to give us 'misfits' approval. Wearing anything other than high heels or dressy men's shoes would be the talk of the place. I walked behind Ashton, holding onto his hand like a little child as we were escorted to our table. I could see a few glares and some scoffs from older couples we passed.

However, one couple looked at us with gratitude. The woman mouthed 'young love' while the man pointed to his Converse clad feet, giving us a thumbs up.

I smiled as I sat down, that couple etched into my mind. We ordered our drinks. Ashton opted for water but I decided on a martini to calm my nerves. People still looked over at us, snickering.

I looked at Ashton, a concerned looked placed on his angel like face.

"Are you alright?"

I sighed and shook my head.

He looked over at the people still staring at us.

"Fuck what they think, Cal. They're just judging by appearance. They don't really know us."

He squeezed my hand under the table and gave me a reassuring smile.

The rest of the dinner was a blur. We talked like we were 20 years older and laughed at stupid shit like we were 10 years younger.

A smile never left my face.

---------------------

Ashton walked me to a much more dingy part of town. He had almost given up hope of finding whatever he was looking for until we turned a corner and his eyes lit up.

I looked up at the sign.

"A karaoke bar. Really Ash?"

He put his hand up that wasn't holding mine in defense.

"It wasn't my idea."

"But aren't the other boys all underage?"

He smirked.

"We may have some connections."

He opened the door for me and I walked through into the reeking stench of cigarettes mixed with alcohol and cheap perfume. I gagged a little, but quickly gained composure when I saw the rest of our group.

Ashton slung his arm around my shoulder as we walked over to them.

I recognized the girls from the party, each of them now in dresses and looking even prettier than before. It didn't take long for me to be self conscious around them.

Their was a mixture of waves and hellos as we stopped at the table.

A guy about our age walked towards us.

"Ashton!"

His face lit up.

"Connor!"

Ashton removed his arm from around me and hugged his friend.

His friend looked over at me.

"Ash, are you going to introduce me to your beautiful girlfriend?"

I blushed slightly.

"Oh yeah. Well Connor, this is Callie. Callie, this is Connor."

He extended his hand but pulled me in for a hug. I returned the gesture, then pulled away.

"Nice to meet you Callie! Okay, so who's going first?"

Ashton and I looked at everybody else.

"Callie should start," Luke shouted.

My mouth flew open and my eyes widened. Everybody agreed. I stood there in shock for a moment.

Ashton grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently.

"It's just like at the campfire."

I looked at him.

"But that was a duo. I never really sing on my own anymore."

"You used to all of the time. Now go up there and surprise us all."

I looked over at Connor and nodded my head.

"Okay, follow me."

And I walked behind him to the stage where all of my memories hid.

----------------------------------------------

THIS HAS REACHED ALMOST 2K READS! OMG, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

THIS CHAPTERS SONG IS 'FLAWS' BY BASTILLE BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE IN THE RESTAURANT MAKING CALLIE SELF CONSCIOUS.

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT SHES GOING TO SING? COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ONE OR THINK SHE SHOULD SING A CERTAIN THING.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

- Hayley