I

"New School...New start" I said while doing the finishing touches to my makeup.

I was trying to give myself a pep talk before I go to this new school and let's just say meeting new people wasn't my thing. Back in Texas, I was bullied all the time for the color of my skin and the size of my body. I got in so many fights that I had to move or be expelled for a whole year but I wasn't having that so my Aunt Megan and I move to California this summer.

I met one girl who will be attending my school named Summer Asher.She was beyond pretty and was very dark skinned. We hung out a lot this summer so we really clicked as friends.

"Zharia!!!" My Aunt said as I quickly gathered my things for school.

"I'm coming." I said as I hurried out my room and downstairs.

"You look cute girl and here is breakfast. I have a photo shoot in an hour in Helmet so hurry up." She said while cleaning dishes.

I simply nodded my head and began eating my pancakes and sausage. My aunt made this every morning for me because it was favorite . My mother use to make them the same way before she died when I was twelve from lung cancer. I still miss her so much and I think about her a lot.

"So,you got everything love?" My aunt asked as she cleaned her hands with a paper towel.

"Yes,but I'm nervous." I admit as I got up and put my dish in the sink.

"Girl,Your beautiful and smart! Children hate because they can't slay like you honey,so knock out the nerves and be you gorgeous!" She said as she walked toward her car and I followed.

"Ok Aunt Meg,I think I'm ready." I said while letting her words sink in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrived at West Coast High and the school looked pretty dam nice. It was a 5 level building with clear windows and pretty green grass with a fountain. I smiled a little bit and got out the car.

"I'll pick you up at 3 ok!" I just nodded my head and went into the school. I pulled out my schedule and see that I had U.S History first period. I have mixed emotions about history so this should be fun.

I walked into the room and all eyes was focus on me. I didn't know was it a good thing or bad but I didn't care I just remember what my aunt told me and didn't worry about it.

"Class.. We have a new student name Zharia Reed and she is a Junior."Mr.Davis said.

I finally look at the class and some people was so into there phones they didn't look up,some where talking to each other,some guys was being completely thirsty,and one group of people was just looking at me and laughing like somebody had cracked a joke.

"Y'all chill ...she new!" I heard one guy say while hitting one boy shoulder that was giggling like a little school girl.

He smiled sat me and I smile back and took a sit next to him.

"I'm Kory" He said while giving me his pretty white smile again. I smiled back and put my hand out so we can shake hands.

"Look at the love birds over here!!" A boy said while trying to get a joke.

"Tito...really man chill" Kory said while looking at him with and evil glare. He just continued to laugh along with everybody else.

"Ok class you have had your little laughing game for too long it's time to work" Mr.Davis said while writing on the board.

Everybody opened her books and began doing the lesson Mr.Davis put on the board. It was pretty easy so I finished before everybody expect Kory.He was on his phone texting and I pulled out my phone to see if I had any texts or calls.

"Sorry Mr.Davis, I had to handle some business" A thick bright skinned girl said with an attitude as she started walking my way.

I raised an eyebrow and just stared at her as she stared at me.

"This my seat Move!!" She said as the whole class focus on us.
________________________________
Zharia & Kory in the MM

What you think about chapter one?

Comment & Vote loves💕