the arrival

A couple of days had passed without getting into contact with those boys and girls in uniforms. The disorganised sound of students at nightfall was slowly erasing out of my head and the sad times of pain and fear had started to perish. It was the beginning of a new life from that of high school. Due to being in boarding section life wasn't simple at all, poverty, hunger and humility designed the order of the day.

The night following  2/12/2013 was spent in chatting with Hadijah the then girlfriend as we had nothing to keep us busy though the next day it was a must for me to report at father’s shop as he had earlier promised me a job. Hadijah was a dark-brown girl, she was beautiful, she had nice round eyes and a lavishing smile that could hide her anger even if something weird happened.
Our relationship had survived for almost two years despite the high and lows. She was always patient in matters of anger and it was the same story on my side.

We shared alot, so even after high school the situation didn't change though my wallet was loose. “kkkkiiiiiiiirrrr”, it was the tone of my phone that had rang for over three times but I couldn't figure it out due to deep sleep. The caller was my father who talked angrily;

Me; hello
Father; what are you still doing?
Me: am on my way
Father; stop wasting time, I told you to come early but you are still sleeping.

I had nothing to say apart from mantaining silence plus jumping out of bed. The good morning text was received by Hadijah as usual and it included a notification about my new job as a shopkeeper. Dressed in that red shirt plus a pair of black trousers, I rushed out of the house with my brown bag on the back and covering my feet with apair of pink sandles that everyone yearned for while still in school due to their uniqueness.

Setting feet on the Entebbe highway, i received another call from father again on the same context of reporting early. There a bodaboda was the best option inorder to penetrate through the morning stiff jam at Entebbe road. Bodaboda is a name reffered to motorcyclists who transport people for money. Of course it’s among the best and dangerous means of transport in Uganda though not registered in the country’s books of economy. And more beneficial to police officers.

The Bodaboda took off at every high speed surpassing car per car. I was like Harry Potter being transported from the gates of dark magic. Within no time, I arrived at Kibuye market. There is alot of confusion around Kibuye and it arises from market vendors who even want sell their products to people in taxi and those in private cars. The area is well known for having the best fruits like mangos, pineapple and so much more.
Finally i set my feet in the town of Nateete, hurriedly went to meet father at his shop.