[AU] Reminiscence

A/N
Sorry for not updating in a long time! Been caught up with school and my other books, but thank you so much for your votes and comments! They mean a lot! Like, every. single. one. of. them. Really.

And I'm dedicating this to one of my trashy friends for giving me some of the ideas for this particular one-shot :')

And I'm just gonna put that pic here because it is adorable and reminds me of Al and Scorp!

Here you go. 12K in total

RETURN PART 1

"I'm Scorpius Malfoy."

Had it been any other student with a distinguishable pale blond hair and glimmering silver eyes, Albus wouldn't have had recognised the tall boy standing at the front of the class at all. Albus had been doodling some tentacles on a diagram of a spinal cord at the margins of his Biology textbook then, clearly blasé about the lesson now that their teacher, Mrs Marlowe, had been recounting the topic for the fifth time in a row that week. He was certain that the rest of the students around him were either pretending to be paying attention to the lesson or were simply dozing off – he could have sworn someone had snored at one point during the period.

That had been before a knock came on the door, admitting a teacher and an unfamiliar student in her wake.

Scorpius stood with a straight stance and a relatively sophisticated mien around him, with both of his hands gripped tight on the straps of his backpack. Though Scorpius Malfoy gave out the indubitable impression of a boy being raised affluently – what with his neatly styled hair that might have the girls keeling over, or his seemingly pore-less pale skin tinted with pink at the cheeks – Albus could just make out the slight fidgets of his fingers as they clenched and unclenched around the straps of his backpack, or the unobtrusive way in which he rocked on his heels, silver eyes darting everywhere.

It might have something to do with the fact that about twenty pairs of eyes were locked on him alone, which was relatively normal when a new student showed up in the middle of a lesson. A rare sight. Though, Albus could tell that Scorpius was receiving a different kind of attention, one that required a fitting enlightenment than it normally did when it came to new students, which was the purple bruise on his right temple. That might have just been the rarest sight in circumstances like this. After all, it wasn't everyday new students showed up in class sporting a swell on their face.

Scorpius kept his eyes forwards, probably locked on the poster of a female's menstrual cycle at the very back of the laboratory just as to avoid locking gazes with anyone. Albus couldn't quite comprehend the feeling stirring up in his stomach, which was related to the fair chances of Scorpius landing his eyes on him. He shoved the thought off at that instance; it was less likely for the teacher – let alone Scorpius Malfoy – to spot the full features of his face when he was sitting nearly completely obscured behind a pair of burly boys.