Oh Darla!

I realized that no matter what I did, nothing was going to help. I went back inside the house, waiting. But then I heard a little voice. "H-Help?" the voice said. I walked towards the noise and I heard shuffling. I stopped, and the voice said "What's going on out there?". I replied, "The mountain did something and it's raining rocks...who are you?". The voice spoke, "My name is Darla. I have been in this corner for a while. I just decided to stay here since no one liked off-brand cookies.". I felt slightly bad for Darla the off-brand cookie. "My name is Jerry. Jerry the Oreo. I'm different too.". I heard Darla get up and come into the light. She was the most beautiful cookie I had ever seen. She was the vanilla oreo. We stared at each other until I spoke. "So...um....there were others. My cousins. But they've all...". "It's okay, I understand.", Darla said.
I couldn't get over how beautiful Darla was. I realized then that Darla and I had to be together. "So is it just you?" I asked Darla. Darla looked at me then looked back at the ground. "Um, well, yea-". Darla was cut off by the ground shaking more. "We have to hide!" I said, grabbing Darla and running outside to see if there was anywhere safe. People were on carts, trying to flee. "Darla, come on!", I said and quickly got to someone's cart before they took off. Darla and I hid in one of their chests, trying to stay together. I could hear Darla breathing heavily so I took her hand, trying to keep her calm.
    I could hear the livestock and people shouting. I believe we were one of the first to leave Pompeii but I was worried. I had lost all of my family. Sure, mostly only Bob cared for me, but I still loved them. Now I only had Darla.