Chap. 2- Tyler Deadlox

"And... this is the map of the place. Here's your room, the testing areas, and the cells."

"So I'm working with the hybrids, eh?" I smiled, taking a glance at the map again. Each were labeled, #4, #7, #16, ect.

"The synthetic life dorm is right now in trouble after SOMEBODY let one of the experiments escape." Taking the ID card and map, I got up, the white coat going down to my knees. "Pleased to hire you, Tyler Deadlox."

"Just call me Ty, no need for formalities." Exiting, the guards gave me a wave, some giving a mini-explanation in places. I spotted the hybrids in the test chambers, jumping or running along.

Remember. Show no mercy, as they're our experiments. You have the higher authority here.

A hybrid bumped into me, squeaking out a sorry before rushing past. A... mouse hybrid? Who knows.

"Hey, Ty! Want to see the best hybrid here in action?" I followed the guy, going to a chamber labeled #8. A cat hybrid was there, scrambling and shooting spells to dislodge the traps. He was quick, flipping up to the next ledge as three arrows shot, jumping onto the fence post and leaping to the bar, crawling up and scaling the walls by digging his claws into the little holes.

"Huh... He is quite good." The cat hybrid finished, the person clicking stop.

"Thirty minutes and twenty seconds. Not bad." He jumped down, brown hair ruffled and clothes messed a little. He looked at me, quickly looking away. The collar beeped red, him running off.

"What hybrid is he?"

"#42." Looking at my map, I marked the cell with a red marker, going off to the hallways. Exploring the place, I marked each place, shouting at a few ignorant hybrids, and wandered around the test chambers.

"Hey, Ty."

"Yeah?"

"How do you like this place, then?" I nodded, chewing my porkchop.

"It's nice, I can get used to this. And being that I'm the only hybrid scientist is kinda honoring."

"Hey, you're a Enderdragon hybrid. Most dangerous and respected of them all, there's a reason we don't have those here." I smirked, unsheating the large claws and letting a high-pitched screech on the metal table.

"Quite the dangerous one, yes." Getting up, I threw away my food, hearing the intercom crackle.

All hybrids report back to their cells no later than 7:00.

A hybrid ran through the cafeteria, followed by a few more. I looked at the clock. 6:40.

"Hallways are always crowded, don't pay any attention to them." Leaving, I went to the cells, hearing the 7:00 strike. #42 was still running, jumping into his cell as soon as the last strike echoed throughout the building. He looked shaken up, clothes a little tattered and torn.

"Hey." I went over to the cell, him flinching a little. "You were nearly late this time; don't be late next time."

"S-Sorry... I-I was nearly r-ra-" I widened my eyes, the hybrid shrinking in fear. That explains the tattered clothes.

"Be glad I'm new here." Walking off, I went to my dorm, saying hi to a few people. Sitting down on my bed, I looked out the window. Sunset.

"So how was your first day, Ty?"

"Pretty good, and caught one of the hybrids going to their cells right when the seventh strike was done. Does that count as late?"

"Yes, which cell was it?" I froze, remembering the hybrid's words.

"S-Sorry... I-I was nearly r-ra-"

Remember. Show no mercy, as they're our experiments. You have the higher authority here.

"Cell #42."

"That little bastard..." I saw the scientist go off, creeping behind him. What was he going to do to #42?

Following him after a few minutes, I saw him turn off the electric field and stomp inside.

"I SAW THAT YOU WERE LATE. CARE TO EXPLAIN?"

"O-One of the guards tried to rape me..."

"And you're Hybrid #42! You should be able to get here on time!"

"P-Please... I-I couldn't get out fast enough-"

"Enough of your excuses!"

"P-Please... no! NO!" Peeking over, I was in shock.

This place wasn't as fine as I thought it was.

I shivered from #42's screams of agony, pleading for him to stop. W-Was this... was this what they meant no mercy?

"Don't be late next time, or expect worse." Quickly hiding in the shadows, the guy passed right by. I peeked over again, the hybrid on the ground shaking and sobbing. A bloodstain, fresh, as well as clothes torn off.

I need to help... but they said that they're mere experiments...

"#42?"

"W-What is it now..." Going in, I carefully sat him up, looking around. Cuts on his side and shoulder. He looked at me weakly, chocolate-eyes tired and dead. Ripping off pieces of my coat, I made a little cut on my finger, dripping the blood onto the cloth before wrapping it around on the injuries.

"Does it always go like this?" Sitting behind him, I worked patching up his body.

"Y-Yes... n-not always... s-some beatings... some tortures... some... more... Why are you helping me?"

"Cause I couldn't stand watching you in pain." Lifting up him onto the cot, I pulled the thin-covers over. "The Enderdragon blood will heal the injuries easier."

"... Thank you..."

"What's your name? I'm sure it's not #42." He sat up a little, I closing the cell door carefully as the electric field generated again.

"Seto..."

"Ty."