Chap. 3- Assigned

"Alright, we're changing the rules around here!" Seto bit his lip as his collar was yanked on, shoved into his spot. The scientists clapped, all the hybrids in one spot with the others standing in another.

"From now on, you'll be assigned to a scientist. This is for organization, and easier to locate lost test subjects.

Test subjects.

The word repeated in Seto's mind. He was nothing more than a toy.

"Ty, since you're the newest member, you can choose which one you want first." Ty smirked, looking over the crowd of hybrids, smile disappearing.

They were like him, a hybrid.

But quivering and shaking in fear and terror. They were afraid. Scared. One toe out of line and they were doomed.

"... #42."

"Come up here now!" Seto screeched as the collar yanked harshly, Nate and Ritz widening their eyes. Another scientist dragged him to Ty, plopping the leash into his hand.

"Here you go."

Ty watched as each of the hybrids were carried away, some screaming and clawing, others silently following out of instinct or fear. Seto screamed as Nate was dragged away, Ritz meeting the same fate.

"... Come on."

N-Nate... R-Ritz...

Seto followed Ty silently, tears plinking the metal floor. Hearing them, Ty looked back and forth, hiding into a dark corner. Looking at the collar, he grimaced.

Too tight.

No wonder they couldn't talk and could only scream.

Unhooking a few spots, Seto let out a breath of relief. Rubbing his throat, Ty looked over.

"Better?"

"Y-Yes, thank you..." Seto blushed lightly at Ty's closure, widening his eyes when he heard Nate scream. Running out, the panda was thrown across the room, blood sputtering out. "N-NATE!"

"Go join your idiotic blue-haired shithead, you're both useless!" Two scientists stomped away, yanking two new ones. Ty growled, heading over and loosening the collars on Seto's friends too.

"Y-You gotta get out of here, Seto." Nate coughed, Seto frantically searching for something to help him. "R-Ritz and I found a vent, but it only could support two before it'll collapse."

"You two, get out of here." Seto looked over to Ty pleadingly, Nate coughing again. Ritz glared at Ty, eyes shocked as the enderdragon hybrid clicked open both of their collars.

"Come on, we need to move quick." Bringing them to the designated vent, Ty stood in front of it as the two ducked in.

"Seto, maybe you can come with us!" Ty looked at the vent, shaking his head.

"Once Ritz passes through, only either Nate or Seto can go through."

"You guys go, I'll stay here."

"But Seto..."

"They're gonna go easy on me for longer periods of time, and..." Seto smiled at Ty. "I'll be fine for a while. You two go."

"... Thank you..." Waving, Nate crawled through, Ritz sliding through too. Just as Ty predicted, the gap broke.

"Get out soon, Seto!" The two's voice faded away, Seto wiping his eyes. Ty placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Those two were going to die, you did the right thing. Now let's go, before anybody gets suspicious." Slinking away after locking the vent, Seto looked back.

Stay out, you two. I'll come when I can.