Camera Flashers

The flashing of lights drew it to the window, the light different from the flashing of lightning outside as a storm raged. 

*flash*

Squinting, it moved closer, repelled by the brightness but drawn by the sounds of trilling giggles. 

*flash* 

Looking inside the creature could see two women, laughing, drinking glasses of wine, scantily clad. They were giggling as they took pictures of each other and their eyes shone with the happiness that childish amusements can bring to adults. In the corner of the living room stood a wedding gown that one of the ladies kept glancing at with a secret smile.

The creature, formally Tom Worton, now a remnant of the man that had once acted as district attorney for his county, felt its mouth water. The bare flesh, the lacy clothes were not what drew its gaze, however, it was the miles of tasty flesh that its teeth ached to chew.

*Chatter, chatter, chatter*

It's teeth clicked together, a chunk missing from the right side of its face allowing the sound to carry throughout the night.

The one with the secret smile reached for the pure white gown, unmarred by any color, untouched and pure.

Tomorrow was her wedding day but this fact did not matter to the creature stood outside of the window of her double-wide trailer. It only saw a red mist now, a haze that turned everything crimson, even its own rotting skin. 

The other woman, glancing around uneasily, could feel something had changed but wasn't sure what that something was. Continuing to laugh as her friend made silly poses; she started pushing buttons on the camera as she slowly looked around with distrust. Something wasn't right.

"Take another picture, Faith, come on, what's wrong?" The blonde one, the one that kept reaching for the dress, asked.

The one named Faith looked down at her camera, unease making the fine hairs on the back of her neck stand up. The camera had been an expensive purchase but one she made gladly, she only wanted the best pictures to capture her best friend's wedding day. Perhaps it could also help her another way, now.

Fiddling with the settings she found the night vision setting. Telling herself she was being silly Faith set the night vision and aimed it at the window. She dropped the camera with a gasp as she brought her hands to her mouth, holding back a scream that drew her friend over. The creature didn't know what had caused the reaction of the woman but it drew closer to the window with delight, her fear an emotion that drew it closer, but still not close enough to be seen.

"Gemma," the woman yelped as she picked up the camera, "look! Look, there's someone outside spying on us!"

Gemma moved over by the window, after taking the camera, tracking the shape that had appeared on the camera. 

*Clack, clack, clack*

Its teeth clattered with even more excitement, sounding like a set of toy teeth bouncing on a hard surface.

"What is that noise he's making?" Faith wondered, moving up behind her friend, her fear replaced with an angry fight response, she'd go kick this guy's ass in a minute for being a perv!

Delighted that the woman was moving closer the creature followed her movements to the window. He moved closer, until his hands were resting on the glass of the window. His face, filled now with a red light and oozing sores spilling pus, caused the previously merry women to scream with horror. Their screams were filled with the sound of their terror as the lights went dark and the only light to be found was the crimson glow of the oozing creature at the window. They screamed again as they heard glass shatter...