Perfume- Chapter 2

It had been only been a few days after his visit to Marinette's house to give her the present. Chat Noir jumped across the rooftops of Paris and entered his room from the back window, just as his ring gave a final beep and his transformation wore out. After quickly grabbing his bag and some Camembert for Plagg, Adrien dashed down the tall stairs and out the door of the Agreste Mansion. 

"I'm going to be late again because of an akuma, and it looks like the limo didn't bother showing up today. If I want to get to school on time, I guess I'm just going to have to go on my own!" Adrien thought as he raced through the streets of his neighborhood. By the time he reached the school, it was already lunch time. He may have been late, but at least he would be able to slip in unnoticed. 

"Don't you think it would have been more helpful if you had transformed and come here?" Plagg added, peeking out of his shirt pocket. Adrien had thought of that too, but he didn't want to bother Plagg with transforming again. He rolled his eyes at the irony of hearing the suggestion from his kwami, which he was only trying to be considerate of. Adrien tip-toed into the building and left his things in his locker before heading to the picnic benches at the park, where he always ate lunch with his friends.

"Hi guys!" Adrien smiled at his friends and took a seat at their usual table. He saw Marinette become slightly uncomfortable as he sat down next to her.

"Hey dude. Where were you this morning?" asked Nino, who was sitting across from him.

"Oh, um," Adrien stalled as he thought of a good excuse. It's not like he could tell them that he was saving the city from another akumatized victim and lost track of time while flirting with Ladybug. "I was at a photo shoot, for my dad."

"Yeah, sure," Alya said, suspicious. "At least it's better than Marinette's excuse. Neither of you are ever here on time!" Adrien laughed nervously at her remark, but he saw Marinette blush at this.

Desperate to talk to her, Adrien quickly thought of a conversation topic. "Marinette," he said, "how's the dress coming for the upcoming dance?" he asked.

"Oh.. uh... um.." Marinette started, but she turned away quickly, not knowing how to respond to him. Every time she saw Adrien, things were a little bit awkward since what happened a few days ago.

"Hey girl! You okay?" Alya asked, seeing Marinette's worried expression.

"Yeah! I... um.. I'm fine," Marinette answered, trying her best to smile.

"Well, it's good to know you're okay. But you smell amazing!" Alya smiled.

"Yup! New perfume?" Nino added in.

"Actually, yeah. It was a birthday present from a friend," Marinette said, carefully leaving out the part about Chat Noir. She didn't want to have to go into all the details. Not that she didn't trust them, but she was afraid that Alya might make a public announcement on the Lady-blog about it.

"Yeah Marinette! I like it too." Adrien commented, glad that she had decided to use his gift.

"Th- thanks!" Marinette quickly pushed the words out of her mouth before squeezing her eyes shut and running to the bathroom to hide.

"Wait Mari!" Nino and Alya said in unison as they watched their friend run off. Alya dashed after her. Sad that he would never be able to normally speak to Marinette as his civilian self, Adrien sighed and started heading back to class.

"Dude, what did you do to Marinette to make her scared of you?" Nino asked his sad-faced friend.

"I don't know. I think it might have been what happened the other day, when she invited me to the cafe. I was so shocked, I didn't know how to react. I think she might of gotten the wrong idea and now she's really upset about it." Adrien said, frowning at the thought.

"Dude...." Nino said sympathetically.

*Meanwhile in the girl's bathroom....

"M, are you really okay? Is there something you're not telling me?" Alya asked Marinette, who had locked herself into one of the stalls.

"Alya, there's something I've been keeping from you for a while, and I think you should know." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of "Perfume"! I will try to publish at least two chapters every week. So far I've written about 4, but who knows, I might write much more! Anyway, what do you think Marinette is going to tell Alya? What will be her reaction? Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out~

-MiraculousMelody13