Bloodbath: Aelin

Aelin Ashryver Galathnyis saw no difference in her enemies any longer, they were all the same...all disgustingly tainted Valg filth. She no longer felt sympathy for those caught within Erawan's sway, she felt no remorse for the lives lost on the enemy side. Everything was merely blurring together now, just flashes of crimson blood and the clipped sound of muffled screams from the dying. She fought with a viciousness that she wished to have left with her assassin days, in the past where it belonged. She could no longer see anything, but the silver of her blade and the blue blood coating it's tip. They were losing to Erawan's forces. Rowan was lost somewhere in the throes of battle, Dorian was holding the defensive with Aedion and Lyssandra, and Lorcan was fighting across from her against a Valg-Ironteeth hybrid. The end was near, whether the end of the war or their lives, she didn't yet know.
At this rate, there was no way they could win. They were outnumbered, an army of 5000 Valg, Ironteeth witches, and Hybrids against her army of 2000 Fae, Demi-Fae, and Humans (not excluding Lyssandra's shape shifter heritage). If she didn't get them out of there soon, they were all going to die by Erawan's hand and plunge the world into the Demon King's dark grasp. This entire farce of a battle just confirmed what she already knew, this war was a giant bloodbath.