//chapter eighteen\\

Echo's POV

I sank my teeth into the first human I could get my teeth into, savagely ripping there jugular apart while moaning as a sense of ecstasy courses threw my veins. It was the most divine thing I had ever tasted, blood. It made my whole body yearn for it while simultaneously dulling the burn in the back of my throat. As soon at I had sucked the first human dry I hastily dropped her and moved onto the next, a middle aged man who was attempting to open the heavy doors that were created for the specific purpose of keeping out food in.

When the man saw me coming he attempted to fight, swinging his fists at me amateurishly. I smirked as I easily ducked and a giggle escaped me.

"Now now, didn't your mother ever teach you it isn't polite to hit a woman." I teased menacingly as I approached in a sly slowness.

The fear that etched across his face seemed to open up a whole new part of me that I had no idea was in there. It made me so incredibly happy to know he feared me. With a seductive smile that made his heart beat even faster I flashed right in front of him and attacked his neck before he could even scream out. Once he stopped attempting to fight back and I was positive he was dead I pulled back and turned to see Jane watching me with adoration clearly written on her face. Without a second thought I skipped over to her, paying no mind to the lower guard members that eyed me with caution and curiosity.

"That was amazing." I exclaimed ecstatically.

"You did seem to be enjoying yourself scaring that man." Jane stated with a smirk and I smiled happily, nodding my head.

"Though I didn't like the way he was staring at you." Jane growled and I giggled.

"Well then it's a good thing he's dead and I only have eyes for this one girl. She's like really hot and kind of scary but like that's also really hot." I stated with a smile as I innocently played with my hair and hummed.

Jane seemed to like my answer as she pulled me closer to her and growled protectively causing my smile to grow even wider.
___________________________

Jane had to go do some guard stuff so I was happily walking around the castle, taking in the sights while simultaneously trying not to get lost.

As I was walking back to where I assumed Janes room was I ended up almost running into someone while I was to busy thinking.

"Watch it." An unknown voice hissed, causing me to growl immediately.

"Excuse me." I stared raising in eyebrow at the unknown vampire who scowled at me.

"Listen I don't know who you are but your obviously new and one of the lower guard so stay the hell out of my way." He stated, his eyes piercing and I growled at him again.

"Well your clearly idiotic brain got one thing right I am knew, but I am in no way a lower guard and I don't think my mate would be to pleased with the way your speaking to me." I snarled, narrowing my eyes.

"Who would be mates to a talentless little girl." He scoffed and I smelt the familiar smell of Jane and smirked.

Hearing a tsk the unknown vampire turned just in time for Jane to whisper the word "pain" and for him to fall to his knees in pain.

"You might want to reconsider your position on the guard Santiago before you go insulting my mate. I will make your transition look like nothing." Jane growled, clearly enraged by what he said. I smirked as he squirmed in obvious pain and moved to Janes side. Once I was securely in her arms she released him and we left without another word.

"Want me to kill him?" Jane asked when we were in her room.

"Perhaps not this time, but if he ever talks to me that way again I might just do it myself." I stated with a smile, causing Jane to chuckle at my words.

"I love you." Jane uttered.

"Forever." I responded.

A/N: GUYS I JUST STARTED TWO NEW BOOKS CALLED SUCCUBUS AND FATE YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GO CHECK THEM OUT!!