Part 4

"This time, you're being careless, you know. This happened to you before, right? You should have known that as a public figure, you're being tailed wherever you go. So, I expect you to be aware of this." Hey! Say! JUMP manager is facing someone who has been fixing his sight to his own hands, as he waits for the other person's response and gets somehow impatient.

He walks away after a few seconds sitting down in waiting. "Well. discuss it with the guys." He calls out for the last time and walks out of the door.

Keito can only blames himself for his reckless behaviour. Now, that he might end up being put in an indefinite hiatus as the worst assumption he would never expect. He sighs deeply and rises himself up from his seat. Right there, a figure enters the room and looks at Keito with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Keito, we can't help you with anything." Chinen speaks slowly from across Keito, who's still trying to recollect his own thoughts.

Chinen takes a step further and reaches Keito in his small but delicate arms, hugging Keito while hoping that it will somehow makes the circumstance better.

"I'm alright, Chinen. Thank you." Keito let go of Chinen's arms and looks at his best friend with the still pale expression on his face.

"I'll take care of it. Don't worry. I'm so sorry for giving trouble to everyone.." Says Keito sorrowfully. Keito turns away and makes his way out of the door, leaving Chinen alone with sadness still hanging on his face.

"Now what? Are they going to do the same thing they did to Ryutaro to Keito this time? I definitely will never allow it to happen!" Yabu snaps and hits the table hard with his bare hand. Hikaru is trying to calm him down but somehow all his attempts are vain. It's a tricky situation they are in right now, and all of them could only wish nothing but a miracle to come to change the higher ups' mind.

As soon as the rumour started to spread around two days ago, the situation has been tricky. They are releasing new single soon, and this mistake is the last thing they have ever wished to encounter. This time it's no joke, no one is making up the whole scene. One of them did make a mistake, and the price is theirs to pay.

Keito comes into the room where the seven guys are sitting uncomfortably but manage to greet him, almost like nothing had happened. Stillness filled the room shortly afterwards, and Keito is fighting desperately to stop the tears from forming. That's just always Keito, the soft yet brave individual everyone has always known. A time like this is something he never wish to happen, but something has been done and he knows mourning over it will not solve the matter.

"I'm sorry for giving this huge trouble for everyone." Keito bows low and pleads with all his might, his heart is aching on his chest.

"Keito. This is not your fault. It's our fault too.." Yuya responds and motions towards Keito who is standing near where he is sitting.

"Do you know what you are doing? Don't you ever learn your lesson?!" Yabu snaps from his spot, fury drawn on his face as he lifts his head and stared at Keito sternly.

Yuya pats Keito's shoulder softly, signalling him not to take Yabu's words to heart. And Keito knows it well, even better than everyone else because that's how Yabu handles the situation and tries to make him understand. Back in debut days, Keito was always the one needing special attention and longer time to learn than everyone else, due to his short period as a Junior. He would cry every now and then and lied for having headache because he simply didn't want anyone to think he was giving up. Even though it was hard but he was trying his best. He would have said he wanted a break but he couldn't bring himself to say it. It's because he knew everyone depends on him.

"I'm sorry, Yabu-kun.." Keito pleads again, as the tears fight their way to stain his delicate face.

Chinen enters the room shortly after, his expression is even paler than before. Who wouldn't? When one realizes their best friend is in trouble, he will surely feel sad too. And that's how Chinen feels right now. He signals for Yamada and Yuto to come over and follow him. And as the three of them leaving, the room falls into silence again.

"I've talked to Kitagawa-san." Chinen speaks, his voice still hasn't recovered from trembling.

"How is it?" Yuto asks him urgently, trying to lower his voice so no one would hear their conversation.

"We can't avoid it..." Chinen replies, and Yamada hits his arm hard in desperation.

"It's most likely.. an indefinite hiatus." Chinen continues, and their heart shatter in pieces.

😭

It was the longest day Keito has ever had in his whole life. He drives to his apartment bearing his empty heart all along. Who would have known it would come to this? This isn't what's supposed to be happening, he thought. You're a horrible person, he curses under his breath as all the deafening accusations storm his head mercilessly. Even as he takes his warm bath in attempt to relieve his mind a little, he could only feel coldness, slashing every inch of his body. He feels like he can no longer bear it. He is done for. All those people they count as best friends, they are probably better without him, he thought to himself.

He throws himself on the sofa and sighs deeply. Then his phone starts ringing, he wonders if there is a miracle or some sort that the "victim" will withdraw all charges, or if Johnny Kitagawa will pity him once more, or is it one of his best friend trying to reach him? Of all things, he needs someone to tell him everything is going to be alright, even if now it all seems to be a mere wishful thinking.

"Hello..Keito! What's happening?" A voice heard from the distance, a deep voice Keito has always adored and hold onto tightly.

"Dad.... Help me.." His voice breaks into tears as he covers his face with both of his shaking hands. He will let himself once again, to confide to the person he believes the most in this world. Tonight, he will be a son sobbing through the phone to his father. Because his heart and mind can't take it anymore, and he is desperately trying to breath from the dead he feels inside.

😭😭

"Please withdraw... I'm begging you." Her voice mixed with tears that ruin her make up, making their way all the way down to her velvet coloured dress.

"Why? Is that guy this important to you? So, all my suspicions are proven?!" He snaps in anger, throwing his face away from a girl who's been begging on his knees.

"No..... We are nothing... He is my friend back in high school, and he was just trying to.."

"Save you? Is he trying to be a superman? Yeah of course, he will go that far as minding other people's business and punching a guy straight on the face to protect his "friend." Huh? " He didn't let his girlfriend to explain a single thing to him. All she could do is plead again and again hoping that it will win his heart somehow.

"Please.. It was a misunderstanding.... I believe he didn't mean to hurt you.... And besides, are you really going to crush his dream? He is going to lose his precious best friends. I believe you're a kind person who can't see this happen to anyone Akito... Please... I'm begging you." She bows and sobs hard as she tries to reach his heart.

Keito was in the wrong place at the wrong time as he met with his old friend, his dear friend back in high school. As Keito found her being in a heated argument with someone he didn't recognize, the only thing that came to mind was how to protect his friend. Because that's what Keito will do. He will protect everything and everyone dear to him at all costs. Keito can't imagine that that night will be such a night he couldn't have a sleep from, and followed with days he wishes he doesn't have to wake up to. But as everything is set in its way, Keito could only follow it and repent from his mistake. He wishes things could be any different now as the group is preparing for their single, but he isn't even allowed to think positively right now. He only knows one thing: he won't leave his best friends no matter what.