2.6

THE APARTMENT was small, and dark

THE APARTMENT was small, and dark. Natalia shared it with her brother and his best friend; both of whom who were away on a vacation at this point. So when the front door to the apartment creeped open, Natalia froze in fear. Heavy footsteps fell on the hardwood floor approaching the living area. Natalia's hands shook as she fumbled with her phone. She knew she should call the police, call for help, but if she was going to die, there was only one person she wanted to talk to.

"Davina?" Natalia whispered in panic, making the young witch tense up in fear. From next to her, Freya listened closely, her eyes widening.

"Natalia? What's wrong?" Davina asked hurriedly.

"There's someone in my apartment." Natalia whispered, hearing the person get closer. She had nowhere to hide in the loft-style apartment, there was nowhere to run. Davina listened as a sudden scream cut through the eerie silence, Natalia's scream. "Natalia! If you can hear me, invite them in! When Kol and his brothers get there, invite them in!" But Natalia barely heard her through her blood pulsing through her ears, her heart pounding loudly. The strange man picked her up, hand clenched around her throat, as black veins protruded from his face. Fangs were clearly visible, and Natalia nearly fainted.

"Let her go!" A voice growled out. The man turned, easily able to see Kol, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Marcel standing at the open door, unable to step over the threshold. Kol had fangs similar to the man who was currently making it hard for Natalia to breathe. The man easily threw Natalia, her body crashing through a lamp as she rolled to the floor. Her head bled as there were also cuts on her arms, glass littering the floor.

"Let us in, kid!" Marcel shouted, even his voice was laced with anger and worry. Natalia was dazed, but her brain slowly processed it.

"Come in." Immediately, Klaus roared in anger, lunging towards the man who attacked Natalia. Rebekah and Kol were at Natalia's side in a second, making sure she was okay. As Klaus, Marcel and Elijah easily dispatched the vampire, Natalia scooted away from the family in terror, eyes wide with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What the hell are you?"