3.0

love muffin
come outside,
im in the garden

natalia
oh, okay?

Natalia slid her phone in her back pocket as she stood from the couch, grinning in excitement. With a bounce in her step, she made her way out of the back gate of the Abattoir, into the elaborately tended to garden. Natalia spotted Davina easily, nearly skipping over to her in excitement.

"Hey, Vina!" Natalia chirped, greeting the young witch.

"Hey, Lia," Davina replied, her eyes lighting up. "Look, these are for you!" She said, gesturing to the flower bed in front of her. Natalia looked down, furrowing her eyes in confusion.

"A bunch of dead flowers?" Natalia asked in confusion. The flower bed in front of her was full of dried up, brittle roses that had long since been dead. Davina smiled brightly, winking at Natalia as she held her hand out over the flowers. Whispering several words that Natalia couldn't understand, she watched in complete awe as the flowers regained their vibrant red color, lifting off of the ground as their stems became healthy once more. The bed of roses was thriving with life once more. "Davina, this is," Natalia couldn't think of the right words to express what she was feeling. "This is magic." She gushed, looking at the witch with eyes filled with wonder. "You're a witch." Natalia stated, a brilliant smile etching it's way across her face.

"Yeah, I am." Davina replied with relief. Natalia had never seen magic before, had never seen what Davina could do. The fact that she took it so well was a great weight off of her shoulders.

"I love you." Natalia blurted out, her eyes shifting back from the roses to meet Davina's gaze.

"I love you, too." Davina whispered back, her heart hammering away in her chest. Natalia grinned, grabbing Davina by the waist and pulling her into a kiss. Their first kiss, but certainly not their last.

[ this chapter is dedicated to SaintSalvatore , who is wonderful and has amazing stories ]