Here Comes A Thought

The three were running around, checking down in the ground before moving on. "Are you sure you saw Tom in this area?" asked Tord. "I believe so, but there isn't really any real way to tell as there are no markers." said Edd.

Tord groaned as he ran a hand down his face. This was bad, where was Tom in all this?!

Matt was pounding on the water to peek down. "Tom, are you there, we got Tord." said Matt. Nothing happened so the ginger shrugged to get up and move on.

"I wish we had saved him, instead we let him get dragged back down." whined Edd. "Ya, you SHOULD have." grumbled Tord. He was pissed, Tom was still gone and his friends had let him go. 'Where are you, Tom?' wondered Tord.

Matt peeked down the ground again to pound on it. Nothing happened again.

Edd and Tord were moving on when Matt screamed. "Something has my leg!" cried Matt. The two looked to see someone was gripping the ginger's leg...a blue sleeve.

"Matt, that's Tom!" cried Edd. Seeing the hand, Tord rushed over to grip it and pull. Edd and Matt grabbed the arm and together they pulled. Tom appeared, gasping as he was pulled from the ground, chains still wrapped around him tightly.

"Tom, are you okay?" asked Tord. "Ya, what about you?" asked Tom. Tord nodded as Edd grabbed a chain to pull it.

"This is made of water, it should break easily, right?" asked Edd. "Eh, you'd think." said Tom. Matt grabbed another chain and pulled on it with Edd. Despite being made of water, the chains held strong. They weren't budging at all.

"I don't get it, why won't it break?" asked Edd. Tom sat up a bit to tug at the shackle on his wrist. "Something is still holding me here." said Tom. It got quiet as Edd and Matt looked at Tord.

The red hooded man flinched at the stares to look away. "Tord, I thought you let go." said Edd. "I-I tried, Edd, I did but I-I can't..." started Tord.

He started to shake when a few white butterflies appeared. "Tord, please, you're the only one that can stop this!" cried Matt. The Norwegian closed his eyes as tears started to fall. "I can't, I don't know how to let go!" sobbed Tord.

As he cried, the butterflies formed together to make a giant one. "What are those things, I kept seeing them." said Tom. "Those butterflies represent Tord's problems, they're small but I guess this is the one that he can't let go off." said Edd.

They looked and saw the image. Tom's eyes widened as he saw himself and Tord in the Norwegian's old bedroom; currently his bedroom. The two were fighting and then Tom walked out.

"That was the fight we had before he left." said Tom. "Really, even after five years he's still holding onto it?" asked Matt. The blue hooded man looked away from the image to his crying friend.

Tom stood up, pulling at the chains to follow him. After awhile, he slowly made his way to the red hooded man, chains dragging on the ground. Edd and Matt sat back, they knew Tom had this.

The eyeless man kneeled before his friend to take his hand in his. "Tord, that fight was years ago, we both moved past it." said Tom. "Ho-how, we didn't resolve it." cried Tord. "If we didn't, you wouldn't have come back to England and we wouldn't have been so happy to see each other." said Tom.

Tord looked at him to realize Tom had a point. They didn't fight when seeing each other again, they were fine. "We had a fight, ya it was big, but still, if we let our fights get to us it'll ruin the friendship we've had since high school, I don't want to lose you again Tord, five years was long enough to get over it." said Tom.