Back to Verona

After allowing Juliet's sprain to heal, the band finally arrived back in Verona. Juliet was nervous. Her eyes dashed back and forth glimpsing at the city. Everything was the same as when she left, everything but the intensity that hung in the air. The people kept their heads low. Even without the Montagues and Capulets visibly at each other's necks, they still managed to stir up strife for the other people. Juliet placed her hands together in her lap. She squeezed them tightly as they neared the Capulet's home. The home she ran from. She looked back to Aleron who walked alongside their cart looking around the city. She told him to let her handle things from here, but she was not so sure of her words now. In just a few moments, she would come face to face with her father. She didn't know how to react in that moment.

The cart stopped in front of the home of the Capulets. Juliet gulped, her throat constricting itself. It was weeks ago that she wanted to her family dead, but maybe that was just her being so overwhelmed by Romeo's death. Now, she had moved on. Now she had another. She took another glance at Aleron. Her heart fluttered and she did all she could to keep a smile from forming on her face.

"Lady Juliet,"  Luzio's voice snapped her eyes away from Aleron. She turned to him as he held out his hand to help her down. "We have arrived." Juliet nodded staying silent. She took his hand and allowed him to help her down.

Every step took her closer to home, every step made her want to run away, but it was far too late for that. She quickly glanced back at Aleron. To her surprise, he gave her a small smile. He was placing his faith in her. Juliet smiled back then turned back to the house. She took a deep breath and exhaled it calming her nerves.

The door opened and out came Lord Capulet. His eyes were heavy. He looked as if he hadn't a proper rest in days. Juliet felt guilt at all the things that she had thought before. It saddened her to see her father in this state all due to her actions. She held her head down not wanting to look him in the eye. Lord Capulet was ecstatic to see his daughter and threw his arms around her in an embrace. 

"My Juliet, you've finally returned. I almost thought I had lost you for good." He squeezed his daughter in his arms not wanting to let go of her just as he did the day of her birth. "Let's get you inside." Juliet nodded. She couldn't bring herself to speak nor hug him back. Her arms stayed limp be her side as she was unable to lift them.

Lord Capulet pulled back and began to escort Juliet inside. Luzio cleared his throat nervously. As much as he didn't want to ruin the moment, there were other unprecedented matters that had to be discussed before it was too late. Lord Capulet turned to him with an annoyed look and a heavy scowl. Luzio cringed but continued to speak.

"Lord Capulet, if I may have a bit of your time. I have some news that involves this family's very well being. It has much to do with the Montagues." He whispered the last part under his breath so that only Lord Capulet and Juliet could hear his words.

Lord Capulet's frown deepened, "See that Juliet is safely insi-" He stopped when he took notice of Aleron. Lord Capulet looked at Luzio for an answer as to who this man was

"No worries, Lord Capulet. This man kept your daughter out of harm's way and is the very reason your daughter stands with you today." Luzio explained abruptly.

"Ah, I see." Lord Capulet looked Aleron over. He raised his hand, "Take Juliet inside. Her mother has been fretting ever since she disappeared. Put her mind to ease by letting her see her daughter's face." Juliet was taken inside. She took one last glance at Aleron before the doors shut behind her.

                                                                                  ~***~

Lord Capulet watched his daughter go inside noticing the look that Juliet gave to Aleron. A deep scowl formed on his face as he turned to the man. He knew that gaze in his daughter's eyes and was displeased with it, displeased with him. This man was no good. He didn't have his eyes on wealth, recognition, or just t o do good. This man wanted his daughter. He could see that, but Lord Capulet wasn't going to allow another to take his daughter away from him, not again. 

"You," he spoke to Aleron.

Aleron stiffened. He wasn't in a good position right now and the look in Lord Capulet's eyes reminded him of a deranged mutt hysterically protecting what little territory he had. He pressed his lips together, no words would do him any good. 

"I want you out of Verona by the morrow. Take my mercy in sparing your life as a reward for rescuing my daughter but do not come dare ever come near her," Lord Capulet threatened.

Luzio was the only party shocked by his Lord's word and wished to calm the elder Capulet and bring him to his sense.  Aleron, however, began to laugh prompting the two Capulets to stare at him in confusion. It wasn't the first time he was run off, but this time he wouldn't let a crazed Lord stand in his way of getting what he wanted. For now, he decided to step down, make it look like he surrendered. Without a word, Aleron turned his back and walked away. He had seen a place in the city where he could hide out until he found an opportunity to get back to Juliet. It was a crazy feeling for him, not wanting to give her up, but he loved it for he loved her. 

The thought made him stop. Love. He was sure he wasn't meant for such an emotion. Love was for the weak and naive. He was not allowed to love. It was always taken from him. Aleron clenched his fist and continued on his way. 

Lord Capulet watched him with suspicions, but let go of them for now. He had more to worry about an impoverished nobody. He turned to Luzio and demanded him to tell him what he knew of Lord Montague and whatever his rival was up to.