you're okay.

Archie

"Now remember, don't be too happy, Archie. The real world doesn't like that." The stern voice of his father tells him, keeping him locked in the car on his first day of school.

His dark mocha eyes stare up at the huge "Riverdale High School" sign just in front of them, in awe. His left legs starts jumping in anticipation, jeans shifting underneath slightly every second.

He gives his father a look, and reluctantly the elder man unlocks the car, whipping out a "Have a good day!" Before his eager son is out of ear shot.

The redhead breathes in the scent of sexually active teenagers and depression, grinning wildly.

He walks straight into the school, running his hands over each locker, eyes darting over each of them in search for number 467.

Once his dark eyes land on the correct number, he places his hand on the handle springing it open with ease; placing his schoolbag in the tight space.

"You're blocking my locker." The blunt, edgy voice of Jughead Jones tells the redhead in a bored tone, making not just Archie's heart jump.

"Jughead! Don't be rude! I am so sorry." Archie spins around only to become inches away from Jugheads face.

He studies the way the black hair falls infront of his sky coloured eyes, that are currently locked on Archie's every movement as well.

The blonde and her friend share a brief look, turning back to the two boys.

"I'm Betty, this is Veronica and he's Jughead. Don't mind him he's an ass, like in general." The ginger is suddenly snapped out of his trance, clearing his throat and sliding against the lockers out of Jugheads almost-embrace.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Archie. I know Jughead, I guess. We're neighbours!" Archie puts on the brightest smile he can muster as he focuses his attention on the petite blonde and the more built brunette.

"Oh?" Veronica makes a surprise noise but returns the smile nearly as brightly as the lad.

Betty then starts rambling about some nonsense, linking her arm through Archie's pulling him down the hall with the other girl and Jughead.

All that Archie can feel is Jugheads stained fingers pressed against the small of his back, shielding him from being trampled by everyone. All he can hear is the steady breathing of the dark haired boy and all he can see is the name Jughead flickering through his head every few seconds. All he can think about is the cold, plump looking lips pressing against his own, his fingers tugging at his hair and his mind wrapped around him.

"What do you think, Juggy?" Archie praises Betty in the comfort of his mind, this is the perfect excuse to stare at Jughead.

dark, coffee brown eyes meet light sky eyes as he turns around, patiently awaiting his answer.

"I prefer to accompany males on dates, Betty. Dresses don't matter to me." Even though the dark haired boy was answering Betty, him and Archie both understood what he was trying to say.

"What about you Archie? What team do you play for?" The gingerbread haired lad's jaw went slack at the way his name rolled off the tip of Jugheads tongue as if he's spoke it so many times.

"I uh-I like guys" surprised at the fact he could actually speak when in the presence of Jughead, he answers quickly and quietly.

"Good."

////////////////////////////////

In what felt like no time, lunch rolls around and Archie, wide eyed and smiley gets whisked off by Veronica and Betty to to a table on the far side of the oval with a few other people, Including the intruder of the redheads brain.

As Betty introduces everyone, Archie's focus is captured by someone else. Betty seems to notice this and tells Jughead to scoot over for the ginger. He does so very swiftly, patting his hand softly on the seat next to him, bright eyes locked on Archies.

The aurburn haired teen slips into the seat his side pressed into Jugheads, giving him so much warmth that he just wants to cuddle into him. But he refrains from doing so.

Everyone is still white noise to him, his attention is purely on the way Jughead throws his head back when he laughs and how two little dimples form when he smiles bigger than usual.

Jughead catches on fast, questions pop into his head like bubbles being tapped "he's probably just zoned out on you, why would anyone ever stare at you?" "who are you kidding, you're a discusting piece of shit" "someone that looks like that would never state at you" "ugly fucking cow" He tries to ignore it but to no avail.

Tears sting his eyes, he looks down quickly to try and get himself under control.

as his left hand goes up to run the back of his hand against his cheeks, Archie's left hand slides against his right, squeezing it.

The tears don't stop, they start getting heavier and more people start noticing but he's just gone blank. Until he feels the warm body head radiating off of his neighbour pressed up against his chest, holding him.

"It's okay Jug, you're okay."

And suddenly, it was.