Chapter 4: Where Is Home?

"My stop is a couple miles away." I said trying to hide the fact that I was living in an abandoned warehouse.

"I see. Well dearie, you can stay at my house for the time being." Mrs. Eve said in a tone that declared I had no choice in the matter.

*Two Stops Later*

"Come dearie, it's our stop and I know you aren't asleep." Mrs. Eve said standing up.

I wearily opened her eyes and sighed internally. How could I have been able to tell? I had perfected my fake sleeping!

As we walked off the bus I caught a glimpse of where we were. It was the fancy part of Nashville. No wonder I hadn't ever seen it- I was always asleep by the time the bus stopped here.

Mrs. Eve stopped them in front of a large wrought-iron gate, that bore in the exact middle a large Celtic knot.

Mrs. Eve pressed a button on a small keypad that was on a wall supporting the gate. Then a male voice came through the intercom.

"Please state your name and business."

"Hello Daniel. It's Eve Plath. Will you let us in now? It's quite nippy." Mrs. Eve replied coolly.

"Of course Ma'am." The male voice said quickly.

The grand gate opened slowly- almost theatrically. Mrs. Eve and I walked in and a group of people came out of the impressive mansion before us.

The mansion was at least a hundred meters long with stone inlays. The roof was a cobalt blue with a skylight here and there. There was sculpted fountain with koi fish swimming about, and the door was made of thick birch wood and had a gold knocker in the middle.

However Silver didn't get to see this beautiful mansion because she had passed out from malnutrition and dehydration.

The last thing I saw was the group of people rushing towards us and a pair of gold eyes.

Ooo. A person with gold eyes. Do you guys think he or she may be important to the story?

-Crystal.